What else can you do over a screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What else can you do over a screen?

I'm into a long distance relationship for more than six months now, and I feel how games that could be played online are really helpful. in my case, we use to play games on facebook where we could challenge each other, that way, i could imagine how he moves his hand and how he reacts. Aside from this, what else could we do?

Hmmm, well, there's always the more adult-themed stuff that's pretty enjoyable :P

Watching youtube clips together or even movies is also possible!
    "If you get hungry enough, they say, you start eating your own heart"

Comment

You could watch Netflix together or a similar movie/tv show website so it feels like you're both watching TV together. This used to be easier when you could share screens on skype, but my SO and I used to go on google maps and show each other around our town which always made me feel closer to him. Sometimes we have competitions to see who can find the most silly craigslist posts. We also play facebook games like you. Hopefully some of these suggestions help you out!

Comment

We use TeamViewer a lot, it's this remote desktop program that lets your control the computer of the other person. We have it set on starting with windows and we have our own password so every single time i have to afk for shopping or cleaning he draws me something in Paint. I have a folder full of his stuff, it's adorable.

Comment

We used to have a yahoo messenger account, you can draw stuff or play tic tac toe or other games, that helped some and was a lot of fun. We watched a lot of movies and shows together. We used stumble upon and shared articles and what not. Really liked when he found something that he thought I would like and he would post it to my facebook for me to see when I signed on next.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

we once drew each other...?

we both arent the best artists, so it was a good laugh.

Comment

Morphthing
              This site puts both your pics together to see what your baby would look like, it's a silly one time activity but it keeps you both busy for a while, and it's fun, mine and ben's baby came out so cute!

Comment

I will just list the things me and HBB do, and we spend HOURS each day on cam.

Online games (Pogo.com and OMGpop are the best), MMORPG (we play Guild Wars and while we can't SEE each other we keep mics on and talk), watch a TV show together or movie, 1001 questions e-book (it is fun to pick his brain) and funny Youtube videos.

Comment

Originally posted by rina View Post
                  We use TeamViewer a lot, it's this remote desktop program that lets your control the computer of the other person. We have it set on starting with windows and we have our own password so every single time i have to afk for shopping or cleaning he draws me something in Paint. I have a folder full of his stuff, it's adorable.
                  Wow that sounds fun. Must be cute if i can see his drawings. But sometimes he's too busy ;(

Comment

Me and my SO are ALWAYS on skype. Unless I have to go to school. Or if she has to go out and do stuff. So we sometimes get bored with just talking. One thing we did completely on accident that got us both laughing was that she has to unplug her mic in order to use her webcam, so it was kind of like a game of charades. She would mouth something and I'd guess what she is saying and being as close as we are I was picking on her a bit and she ended up telling me VERY slowly to go f*** myself. It was so hilarious cause I didn't get it at first. So maybe a game of charades?

We also use tumblr, we have a diary blog on it and a sexy blog for all our fun time needs. Plus it's funny reading and seeing pictures of funny or ridiculous things. Tumblr has a lot of different things to, so it's very helpful to get a laugh, get you to cry, to smile, to get in the mood, or even to vent. Because sometimes it's a lot easier to write something important than it is to say it all at once with your voice.

I also recommend gaming together, if you love games and both have the same system or same game you can help each other advance in it. We recently finished LittleBIGPlanet 1 together. We are going to get the second one soon.

Hope that helps.

Comment

My other half and I play video games a lot together, namely on Xbox live. We play Minecraft together, and hopefully in the near future we can start to play another MMORPG called Shaiya again together. It's kind of like World Of Warcraft but free to play. There's also a few other games on the website that are quite fun

www.aeriagames.com
                      www.aqworlds.com

The second link is a browser based game that I've been playing for 3 years or so. You could easily play it with your SO if you wanted, it's also free to play.

Comment

Some people cook/ eat together over Skype I would love to do that but our schedules don't match up for that.

Comment

Me and my boyfriend usually play WoW and other online games together, it really helps when you actually see his character next to yours :3 And we also watch movies a lot - if you don't want to pay for netflix or premium skype like us so you can share the movie and see him through webcam for the same time, i've got an advice for you - if one of you is interested in IT and owns a server as my boyfriend do, you can easily set up a stream (search "how to set up a streaming server" on google) and watch it easily through any of the common media players.

Comment

Steam's the way to go =P Plenty of good deals and great games. I really dislike WoW for personal reasons, and MMOs these days are 80% level grinding for additional content. Team Fortress 2 is great 'cause it takes the first person shooter model and turns it into something silly; one weapon, for example, is a jar of urine that you throw at people. It also doesn't require twitch-aiming like Call of Duty (bleurgh) or Battlefield (Origin, lol), so you don't need it to be good. The best thing, perhaps, there are some classes which don't require any aiming skill at all. Many times, I received Most Valuable Player (highest score in the round on the winning team) by having a whopping 0:6 kill/death ratio - all my points were granted through my teammates =P

True to its name, it's very much team-oriented, so if you and your SO are on the same team, you can cause some serious damage to the enemy team if you stick together and synergize well. Also, realistically, if you're able to pay a monthly fee for WoW, you should be able to pretty easily save up for a full-on game like Sins of a Solar Empire, Left 4 Dead, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Brieasaurus View Post
                              You could watch Netflix together or a similar movie/tv show website so it feels like you're both watching TV together. This used to be easier when you could share screens on skype, but my SO and I used to go on google maps and show each other around our town which always made me feel closer to him. Sometimes we have competitions to see who can find the most silly craigslist posts. We also play facebook games like you. Hopefully some of these suggestions help you out!
                              An easy way to share screens is to download Join Me. Just click on Start Meeting. It will give you a code once you download the program, which you then give to your SO. Then you're basically sharing your screen with your SO. You can even give them "control", which is helpful if they are computer savvy and you're not, or if you need help with homework or something.
                              https://join.me/

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X