Things you do while you wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things you do while you wait

There is a time where either our SO or ourselves are busy or unavailable to chat with, when we wait for them we tend to get bored after a while so i thought of starting this thread to let everyone share the things that you do while you wait for your SO to get online, wake up or finish whatever they are busy with. Hopefully this thread could help those who can't think of anything to do to pass the time and are stuck staring at the screen. :P

For me i tend to pass the time by watching youtube videos, reading other posts on LFAD, daydreaming of meeting up with my SO, leave my SO some love messages to read when she gets online, watch anime/movies, do homework, catch some sleep (if the wait is very long) and a number of other things that i can't think of at the moment XD

But you guys got the idea, what do you do suggest to others to pass the time?

I tend to be rather busy and so is he, so most days we talk right we when planned on with very little time spent waiting for the other. We want to make the most of the time we have to talk to each other, especially with a 6 hour time difference making things a little trickier. But, there are times when my day is much slower and I'll be online waiting for him to come on.

Here are some things I do to pass the time:

-Listen to some of his favorite songs
    -Watch some Youtube
    -Do some drawing in my sketch book
    -Creative writing
    -Read a book we both like
    -Practice my German. His English is amazing, my German needs work... lol.

There's more I'm sure, that's just what's coming to mind right now.

Comment

I tend to make him stuff, or brainstorm ideas of what we can do together and list out things I want to give him for future holidays.

https://likeaghostofyesterday.tumblr...e-was-teaching

^My most recent creation while he was teaching chess for 3 hours :P
      **I have horrible artistic skills :P

Comment

I do much the same as you guys- read this website now, listen to the collaborative playlist we made on spotify [if you guys can access this in your state/country it's amazing, you can both add to it online...I'm honestly not a walking advert for it but it's pretty fantastic], troll around tumblr/buzzfeed and such like, tidy my room quite often ...Dream that my French would ever be good enough for a job which requires it xD

Comment

I usually only ever had to wait for hubby when he went to eat dinner or take a shower, so I didn't have a lot of waiting time. On the weekends, we'd just leave Skype on our computers and the call going all day and come in and out of our rooms as we needed to. I have a laptop, but he was using a desktop at the time, so I could move the computer around the apartment if need-be. He was stuck in his room for chats, so if he needed to go to the kitchen or do laundry or something, I would be waiting on him. I would read, take a nap, take a shower, do any chores I needed to get done (like washing dishes), play with my cat, or just surf the web. I usually never had to wait long for him on most of our chat dates. Actually, because he was 7 to 8 hours (depending on daylight savings time) ahead of me, he would mostly be waiting for me to wake up on the weekends, so during his morning and early afternoon while I was still sleeping, he'd do chores, read, watch movies, cook, surf the web, etc. Then I would wake up in the early afternoon his time and we'd start chatting. He'd have the video call already going so he could see when I woke up and it was really cool to wake up with him like that. Now it's even cooler to wake up in person in the same bed.
          Last edited by SquishyLove; August 13, 2012, 02:46 PM.

Comment

I don't have to wait long...

we always keep in contact through face book.... and when we both have time, we switch to skype..

I normally polish my nails when talking to him on skype... and in the situation I do have to wait for a while.... I read online newspapers from his area to know what is going on there so I can keep informed about the place where I am going to live in due time..
            The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.

Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)

Comment

Reading here, watching youtube videos and playing videogames.

Comment

I'm a bookworm so I'll read or scribble or make a mess crafting things. Random browsing on Tumblr. He made me a playlist on youtube and little recordings which I listen to during my "miss you moments"
                “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

I usually catch-up on episodes of TV series that I have missed, I read, talk to friends online and right now I'm working on my SO's birthday present that I will give to him the next time that I see him And that's quite a big thing to do, so is quite time consuming.
                  No time zone or distance or anything can keep us apart

Comment

I'll either be on here, or doing uni work/finding YouTube videos that will help with teaching fun times

Comment

I tend to do homework, read, paint, go for a run or practice yoga... just things that I love to do

sigpic

Comment

do lots of work... a levels are hard... ill work loads n loads, then when he is back for the christmas break, he is my reward for the hard work (but then whilst having the reward ive got to revise... :/)

Comment

I normally have a workout program that I do, go for walks, out to dinner with friends, homework(yuck). I try to keep as busy as possible so I don't miss him so much!

Comment

i tend to do housework and yardwork...i've been totally going through my house...getting rid of stuff that has accumulated over the years...have been going through room by room...making a list...and getting things done...haven't been doing alot of yardwork yet...as it has been so hot...but it's been better the last week or so...so gonna get out there and do some landscaping soon i think...wanna get it all done now...so that when she finally comes to be with me...i don't have to worry so much about those things...and i can focus on her and us

Comment

Originally posted by ashdav2010 View Post
                              I normally have a workout program that I do, go for walks, out to dinner with friends, homework(yuck). I try to keep as busy as possible so I don't miss him so much!
                              I do that too. I do lots of stuff with friends so that I don't get to be lonely at home as much. Unless I was out all day, then I'm glad when I get home and can relax

Comment

Working...
                              X