Need date ideas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need date ideas!

Lately me and my SO have wanted to do more than just talk on the phone, but I can't think of any good long distance date ideas. We've done the movies on Netflix lots of times already. He doesn't have a computer so we can't Skype. We both have iPhones so we have used FaceTime before but for some reason that I really don't understand, he doesn't like to video chat. We'll be seeing each other again in December, but I need some ideas for right now, and once he leaves to go home again. Does anyone have any good ideas? Also, we are saving sex till marriage, so I don't wanna do anything like that. Thanks!!

Originally posted by katieandmclane View Post
    Lately me and my SO have wanted to do more than just talk on the phone, but I can't think of any good long distance date ideas. We've done the movies on Netflix lots of times already. He doesn't have a computer so we can't Skype. We both have iPhones so we have used FaceTime before but for some reason that I really don't understand, he doesn't like to video chat. We'll be seeing each other again in December, but I need some ideas for right now, and once he leaves to go home again. Does anyone have any good ideas? Also, we are saving sex till marriage, so I don't wanna do anything like that. Thanks!!
    Well you can't exactly have sex on your own. But sexual things are definitely a good idea occasionally. It also makes both of you feel better!

And why not go to a cinema via distance? Try and find a movie that runs at the same time (respective of time difference) and watch it. I've done it once and it was fun.

Comment

We've never done anything sexual over the phone/skype besides sending pictures. When we are physically together that's a different story but I don't know if I'd be comfortable doing sexual things on the phone... But the cinema idea could be pretty fun, but we're trying to find things to do that isn't watching movies(we do that a lot already).

Comment

I know you said your SO is not fond of video chatting, but if he is up to it you could both cook the same meal and eat together over Facetime. Or if you don't want to cook order takeout, then there is a kind of dinner date

This next suggestion might be dorky (I love astronomy)! Stargaze together over a phone call. There is something about stargazing I find romantic.

There are free game apps that you can play together. Me and my SO tend to get competitive during games which can be really fun! I know there is Gems With Friends, Hanging With Friends, Matching With Friends, Scramble With Friends, Words With Friends, Chess With Friends...there are also more but the list would be huge!

That is all I can think of for now...will edit this if I think of anything else to add later!

Comment

Originally posted by katieandmclane View Post
          We've never done anything sexual over the phone/skype besides sending pictures. When we are physically together that's a different story but I don't know if I'd be comfortable doing sexual things on the phone... But the cinema idea could be pretty fun, but we're trying to find things to do that isn't watching movies(we do that a lot already).
          I know how it is! I also like taking pictures and sending them to my GF, and vice versa. It shows what I did in the day, plus my GF can see more of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Tooki View Post
            I know how it is! I also like taking pictures and sending them to my GF, and vice versa. It shows what I did in the day, plus my GF can see more of my life.
            I love doing that too. We also send each other a "kiss pic" every night before we go to bed. It's our little virtual goodnight kiss

Comment

Thanks guys! I like the stargazing and dinner date idea. We play words with friends and scramble with friends and we get pretty competitive. The "kiss pic" idea is so cute! I'll have to try to get him to do that!!

Comment

Thanks guys! I like the stargazing and dinner date idea. We play words with friends and scramble with friends and we get pretty competitive. The "kiss pic" idea is so cute! I'll have to try to get him to do that!!
                Glad you liked the ideas! And I do like the kiss pic idea also!

Comment

Do you and your SO have any favorite games? We're looking for new ones.

Comment

Do you and your SO have any favorite games? We're looking for new ones.
                    We mostly place PC/ Xbox games and stay away from apps :/ These ones aren't multiplayer but Flow Free and Trainyard Ex are fun puzzle games!

Comment

I ordered my man a pizza from a place in his little town and had it delivered. It was kind of a love note in the way of food. I then had a pizza ordered and we ate dinner together while we watched a movie on HBOGo or Netflix. We also like riddles. There are days where I get on my computer and he gets on his phone and we turn on our Skype videos and just leave them while we do our own thing. He can see me cook dinner or I can watch him play video games, its like having a window in eachothers homes. I'm in school for photography so there are a lot of hours I am on the computer editing photos so I can "share screen" and he can watch me edit photos and give me his input or if I'm messing with Pandora or checking Twitter he can help keep me on track.

Every Wednesday is our movie date and every Monday is our tv/dinner date. I've sent him text messages acting like someone who is reading off a missing persons report asking if he's seen the tall handsome guy with green/yellow eyes and a great smile... that way he can get compliments.

Comment

Ummmmm... have you ever thought about looking up the main site? It has over 100 different ideas of things to do for LDR couples. And most of them don't even have sexual content. Take your time and read through them. It is also a great inspiration for new ideas.

I have had a new idea that I will try tonight. I have plans on going on a concert with my best friend tonight. There are several websites that allow you to set up webcam live streams from your iphone. The video stream will be appear on a website, so many people can log on and watch. My iPhone will sit in my breast pocket and so I can take my SO with me to the concert. It is an outside venue, so I know for sure I will have reception. I will hook up a bluetooth headset to my iphone, so i can actually talk to her as well.

Comment

Well let's see....we play games together, draw something,fruit ninja,tic tac toe,ect. And we have 'bath dates' we both just hop in the bath at the same time and bring our phones (put your phone in a ziplock and make sure its fully closed). Weird I know,but it dose make us feel closer. Oh also get pair, you can do thumbkiss, it's kinda a way to touch from a distance, you can get it on any apple or android device.

Comment

My SO and I do a bunch of little date things! We haven't done any recently, just because I've been busy with college. But hopefully, we'll go back to our once a week dates!
                            1. We play like four different online games together. Just because we can go on at the same time, respective of the time zones, and we can play little games, or go shopping together virtually, or stuff like that. Also, because I'm bad at hand-eye coordination, it helps to have him there, so if I suck completely, he fills in for me!
                            2. We put together a scrapbook together, over the phone. I bought a scrapbook and I have a bucket of things I put in it. He then sends me stuff to include in it.
                            3. We eat together. (He actually tells me how to cook stuff over the phone, because I can't microwave anything.) And then he yells at me to not talk with food in my mouth.
                            4. We make playlists all night long! We have a playlist titled "Strange Sex Songs", which features Tenacious D and a bunch of songs like that. That tales us hours, since we literally choose hundreds of songs!

First met: June 2012
                            Became Committed: June 04, 2012
                            Entered an LDR: July 01, 2012
                            Next Visit: October 2013!

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

Originally posted by SonyaKitty View Post
                              Well let's see....we play games together, draw something,fruit ninja,tic tac toe,ect. And we have 'bath dates' we both just hop in the bath at the same time and bring our phones (put your phone in a ziplock and make sure its fully closed). Weird I know,but it dose make us feel closer. Oh also get pair, you can do thumbkiss, it's kinda a way to touch from a distance, you can get it on any apple or android device.
                              I LOVE PAIR. best app ever!

Comment

Working...
                              X