What to do about Valentine's Day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do about Valentine's Day...

Seeing as this February will be our first Valentine's Day together.. I am looking for ideas on what to "do" Long Distance IMing because I know that we're not going to be able to visit each other.. -sighs- So give me some ideas please..

OMG check out kindnotes.com.

You get a jar filled with envelopes and paper that you can either write out yourself or have it do pre-written messages or have a professional hand write it out.
    Its kinda expensive, around $35 plus the shipping, but its one of the cutest ideas I've seen and you get around 31 mini papers and envelopes so there are 31 messages in the jar.

Ugh my description sucks lol. But check out the site its cute as hell
    " There is always hope.
    "

Comment

Also if by chance you two can't webcam, its okay to be dorky and send videos back and forth by email ( my SO and I had to do that when our webcam stopped working )

There are also sites with Valentines gift baskets ( I suggest you make your own because some can be very expensive, that and it adds a more personal touch ) You could do a gift " box " instead and just send random items that your SO will love in a shipping box and mail it to him, same concept just without the basket.

There are also sites where you can send things like cakes.

Flowers are sweet, My favorite flowers are the ones on Romanceher.com they are real flowers glazed so they never wilt or die. you can get silver or gold trim on them.

You can also do a scrapbook if you two have pictures together, or if not just send one filled with pictures of yourself.
      Or just photo frame with one picture of you.

It all really depends on the type of person your SO is.
      " There is always hope.
      "

Comment

Getting a little prematurely excited? lol I guess it is only 6 months away.... Look though the gift section if you go back to around feb then there will be tons of idea.

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
          Getting a little prematurely excited? lol I guess it is only 6 months away.... Look though the gift section if you go back to around feb then there will be tons of idea.

LoL Snow.. I am getting prematurely excited.. but 6 months is NOTHING anymore.. and it goes by super fast these days so you have to prepare stuff months in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by xoPinkMargarita View Post
            LoL Snow.. I am getting prematurely excited.. but 6 months is NOTHING anymore.. and it goes by super fast these days so you have to prepare stuff months in advance.
            True, since the japan earthquake the days are 0.00001 seconds shorter then they used to be

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
              True, since the japan earthquake the days are 0.00001 seconds shorter then they used to be
              LoL, that is so true.. :P

Comment

this seems a bit early for valentines day...lol

Comment

Originally posted by D.4C View Post
                  this seems a bit early for valentines day...lol
                  LoL, Hey.. never too early to prepare :P

Comment

My favorite part of Valentine's Day as a kid was always making the Valentine's letter box for my desk. We decorated them, and there was always a nice slot in the top (or on the side if you were creative!) You might consider decorating a little Valentine's letter box for your own Valentine and fill it with all sorts of goodies that show that you think of him/her. Even if it's just going to the pharmacy and looking through the themes for children's Valentine's Day cards that they might have, and seeing if any are themed for something your Valentine likes. (I was always a fan of getting Lord of the Rings or Batman Valentine's cards from my regular friends in high school--geek chic! ) And you can put his/her favorite candies inside, and maybe some cute and/or sexy pictures of yourself... And really, anything else you can brainstorm! Maybe you hand-make a Valentine like the old-school days (paper doilies, red construction paper hearts that were folded in half for symmetry, glitter, etc.) My boyfriend and I are big fans of baby pictures, too, so I always put elementary school pictures of myself on cards, which would be esp. endearing around Valentine's day. <3

I can't wait for Valentine's Day now, y'all!!

Comment

Working...
                    X