No announcement yet.

skype sleeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My fiance and I have been together for 13 years. Yes, even though we are "used to" this... I still have my days. One day I was so sad I had been crying, was exhausted, and had a migraine. Vernon and i hangout on google every day, but this day he suggested that I sleep and he would sit next to me. He set his laptop on the sofa next to him, facing him and I had the computer on my bed next to me. I fell asleep and when I woke up there he was, reading his kindle, sitting next to me as if I were on the couch with him. It's stuff like that that makes me feel like the luckiest woman in the world. He even said I didn't snore... which I know is a big fat lie.
    Kimberly J
    https://kimberlyandvernon.blogspot.com/

Comment

It keeps connections closer, For me almost everyday, its a routine now for me, I watch her sleep and then watched me also, even forgot that I had my headset put after I woke up!

Comment

Every single night we're both home in our own beds. We get extremely cranky if we can't. It's been a godsend. Unfortunately, we have major issues with Skype. It bugs, it crashes, it distorts us. We bond over our mutual hate for Skype. But if we didn't have it, I don't know what we'd do. Lol. It's wonderful to fall asleep together, and wake up together. Provides a whole new level of intimacy.

Comment

Earlier this week was the first time we had tried it and we were in fantastic moods for the next few days because of it. We have a significant time difference so when I fall asleep, she's still awake doing work for the next few hours. When I wake up, she's asleep. The next few hours she wakes up, I'm usually up either eating or studying or watching and the first thing I see is her smile at the image of me being there and it's so reminiscent of how when we were physically together upon first waking up either one of us would usually give the other a big smile, kiss and a tight squeeze. It's just comforting to know that the smile is still there even if the physical activity isn't.

Comment

I fell asleep last night while she was carving her pumpkin and she said she let me sleep cause she loves watching me and that I'm really beautiful when I sleep.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
            Married April 18th, 2015!!
            Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

We stay signed in when we're asleep (on our phones) and we usually wake up in the morning at around the same time (we're only an hour apart in time difference). It's nice to wake up with him and give him a morning call! : )
              x

Comment

We did this for the first time Sunday night and again last night. We love the idea to bits c: The only thing that can be an issue is how bright the screen can be, you want it bright enough so you can see each other, but soft enough to sleep easily. Oh yeah, make sure that your computer/laptop/phone/webcam/whatever is secure enough so if you shift quickly it will not fall.

Comment

we haven't been able to do this for awhile..because her computer is kinda ill...and skype seems to cause alot of problems...i miss it very much

Comment

I wish i could skype with my SO but he doesn't have a laptop.. Well we have PSN but my internet is too crappy for it to stay on long in my room. :/

Comment

Working...
                    X