Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP Needed ASAP! What to do BEFORE LDR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP Needed ASAP! What to do BEFORE LDR?

Hi, I found this site really helpful for LDR couples to get to-do list during their LDR. Btu what about things to do before LDR? My boyfriend is leaving soon and I want to know if there are things I can do to make these last days more memorable and yet less painful for both of us.

Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks before

I think the most important thing to remember is that you shouldn't have expectations that everything will be perfect before he goes. I tend to want to make all of these positive memories together, and we always do. But I find that I am really disappointed when something happens that was unexpected or when one or both of us are upset. It will be somewhat painful, unfortunately, regardless of what you do. Doesn't mean that you can't have a wonderful time together before he goes!

Just spend time doing the things you love most. Cuddle a lot, kiss as much as possible. Just enjoy being there with each other!!!

Comment

I've just left my boyfriend for a seven week trip of a lifetime travelling on my own. The last few days were a bit awkward to be honest but we made the most of it by simply being with each other and pretty much switching off from the outside world. He wrote me a love letter and tucked it in my bag and made me promise not to read it until I was well on my way. I've loved having that with me as it's been a huge comfort. I posted him a card aswell with my own feelings in. We're only apart for seven weeks but its a huge wrench. Just keep talking as much as possible and make the most of the time you have together. The thing I'm loving at the moment is Skype, with a little bit of planning we get to chat face to face although I think my fellow cyber-cafe users got a bit of a shock when he was topless earlier!!!

Comment

Whatever trip it is that either of you is taking that is causing the Long-Distance--- prepare for it in advance!
        That was one of my regrets. Because I'd been so worried about getting everything done and seeing everyone else, I'd left packing my room up until the last minute so we spent our last night together boxing up my things. We knew we would see each other again at the end of the summer though, but still, I wish I could have just dedicated that time to him.

You could also hide a few little love notes in his luggage or something for him to find when he arrives. This is something my boyfriend did and helped immensely.
        And well...buy tissues.

I'm so glad I got two packs before boarding my plane-- I was a pack and half in after four hours.

Like the others said, kiss and cuddle as much as you can! Try as well to get any outstanding issues out of the way before he leaves so that you don't have that extra weight on your chest during the initial separation.

Oh-- and TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES! :]
        My boyfriend grumbled when I would whip out my camera and take tons of senseless photos.
        And yet when I gave him that photo album on our last night together he cried. And we both cherish looking at them now.

I also made sure to include in that album a letter of my intent while he was away to be completely faithful to him.
        We may not be married, but for us, that was as good as good as any legal vow.

Comment

agreed. My gf is leaving next week, she is just now packing and it's kinda driving me crazy cause I could of spent today and Friday with her but she had to clean, pack, etc. The last week is the most stressful cause they usually have a lot of last mintue stuff to do and spend family time. I started taking a lot more pictures eariler in this sumemr and started making videos on the computer and syncing them with our songs and making videos. We used to be the kind of couple where all we did was have sex all day and a few weeks ago we both agreed we wanted more (it wasa weird sex phase) and we started going to the zoo, cookingg together, sleeping together, it's been the best time in our relationship. I've already bought a book of stamps and signed up with sites such as eyejot.com and she made a special email address for all of my stuff to go to so none of it gets lost in spam such as virtual flowers and what not.
          Met: 1.20.09 (At School)
          Starting Dating: 5.22.09
          Been an LDR since: 8.17.10 (3 hours distance)
          Last Time I saw my SO: 10.02.10
          Next time I will see my SO: 10.14.10

Comment

Prior to our LDR beginning, me and Travis spent every day together. We bought and made stuff for the other one to remember each other by, we had lots of sex (tmi, haha), and just spend every moment just being with each other. Use these last months/weeks/days to just soak up the company of one another.

Comment

I could use some advice on this subject too. My bf of 2.5 years is leaving in 2 weeks for a job 1400 miles away. We're currently already 200 miles away from each other which we've overcome by doing *a lot* of driving on weekends and our days off from work. I am grateful that we've already done some distance so that the transition isn't as difficult. The down side to this is that I wont see him except for the day right before he leaves. I'm already miserable knowing I only get one day to see him before I have to say goodbye. We have decided to buy each other a piece of jewelry as a "promise" since we know we want to get married once we both have saved up more. But I'm really looking for some ideas of what to do with that "last day"...any ideas would be wonderful

Comment

The most important thing is communication. For a LDR to work well is for both people to be able to communicate with one another.

Comment

Working...
                X