Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Books

What books do you guys read together or work on together? We love couple books cause it helps us grow our relationship, but sometimes we pick up a good mystery or drama. We also love workbooks and journal type books that we can write things down and do together. Right now this month we are reading Intellectual Foreplay by Eve Hogan and Steven Hogan and its just excellent! It has really helped us to learn some things about each other we didn't even realize and about ourselves. Really opened our eyes I suggest it to everyone. Anyone got some great books?
    Last edited by USA2Canada; July 13, 2010, 05:54 PM.

We started reading 1984, ha. And I read some like for a few nights but then we kinda stopped. But I still want to....or just any book. Taking turns reading to each other on different nights, however my SO doesn't want to read. xD
    But I told her that when I visit at the end of the year I will read 1984 with her.

Comment

Jared has a habit of picking out books for us to read together and then deciding that he doesn't like it after the first chapter lol. We started but never finished The Alchemist, Coraline, and Artemis Fowl. However, we did complete Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and Stardust We are currently reading the second Harry Potter

That being said, I read The Hobbit because he talked about it so much, and I ended up loving it

Comment

Travis and I read large chunks of the Bible back and forth to each other every night and study it. It really helps bring us closer together spiritually. I love it.
        We're about to start one of those Couple's Journal's where you ask each other questions and everything. We love asking each other questions, and it's especially fun to find out crazy new things about each other. One night, I asked one question and it led into this huge conversation. I love that.

Comment

Obi is reading to me every book Raymond E Fiest has written, in order. We're on our 9th book now They are great! Though sometimes there are dry bits and only the fact I love his voice keeps me listening!
          After that I'll pick a series to read to him, though I'm not half as good at it as he is. We like fantasy.

We generally don't do couple books, we don't like to take ourselves too seriously. Reading couple books, if there's ever a need, is my job haha.

Seriously, reading is probably a cornerstone of our relationship.
          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Even though they're kinda childrens books, we're big fans of the Artemis Fowl series and as the new one is out now, I suspect we'll be reading it at the same time and thus commenting on it to each other :P I suspect he is a much faster reader than me though! lol

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone, it merely has shown that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall. ~ Doug Fetherling

Comment

I love it when he reads out loud to me Unfortunately, he's not so fond of reading aloud, so I usually end up doing most of the reading. When we read together, we tend to take turns reading every other page. So far we've read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, and we're working through Chamber of Secrets.

I've also read The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan to him along with several little kid books like Green Eggs and Ham and The Baby Blue Cat Who Said No. Right now I'm in the middle of reading How To Train Your Dragon to him. We like kid's books :P

Comment

My guy and I have tried this, but it doesn't work as he hates reading and I don't like reading aloud every time we pick a book to read.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Working...
                X