You Hold My Heart in Your Hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You Hold My Heart in Your Hand

I spent a few quick days with my SO this week. We were sitting in a coffee house and our time was running out again. We had some serious conversations the night before and they were somewhat still up in the air. We got those all worked through and then we were happily talking about when I am coming back to Holland and we would be together for longer. We took a (very cold ) walk in the park right before so the hot liquids were extra tasty. At the moment that he finished his I reached into my purse and gave him the symbol of our love I picked out. It was a couples key chain that says "I miss" on a Hand with a heart shaped hole and a "You" on the heart key chain that fits in the hand. I offered him whichever part he wanted. He choose the hand. I have the heart. I asked him to hold the hand when we are apart and when we are together I will put my heart back in his hand and we can keep it somewhere we can see it everyday. He told me he would keep it in his wallet so that it is always with him, I am going to do the same.

TBH, My So is a pretty hardcore manly man, hates jewelry and trinkets of any kind. I was just hoping he would not throw it away. It touches my heart how sweet he was about it and how sincere too. I know it is just a small reminder of our love to help make the separation hurt a little less, but his reaction almost made me cry. It makes us both a tiny bit happier that we share this special sentimental bond together.....words cannot express how much that means to me to know that.
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
    Benjamin Franklin

Thats a really cute idea! I really wanted a couples keychain of two chunky japanese figures that kiss each other with magnets but I never got around to buying it. I think cus I could never choose between that one and two black puzzle pieces with a silver heart, on Amazon. At the end, my SO bought me a digital picture frame keychain =3.
    I think this is super sweet for you guys especially since your SO doesn't normally have keepsakes like this that he wears/carries with him =).

Comment

Yes, I was taken back a bit by his reaction. I actually said to him, please just don't throw it away. He said..."What?, I would never do that". I told him today when we both got back to our respective lives apart, "You hold my heart in your hand now". He is a funny bunny, so he said, "Do you want me to squeeze it or stroke it?" I said "Do whichever pleases you the most, Babe".

38 days and I can put it back in his hands.
      Last edited by Hollandia; November 4, 2012, 09:20 PM.
      "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
      X