Need help!! Airport Meeting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help!! Airport Meeting!

Picking my SO who is a male up from the airport in a couple weeks and I wanted to do something special but I feel as though he's not the type of guy to want flowers (plus he's staying at my place for 2 weeks so they will just end up being my flowers ) and balloons or a sign seem a little cheezy, we aren't exactly the most romantic couple. Does anyone have any ideas of something special that isn't too much of a hollywood film type surprise. Maybe I'm putting too much thought into this...
    Met: July 2002
    Said "I Love You"s: October 2012
    Hopefully closing the distance: April 2013

She said you make me better boy, I just mailed you a letter boy, and oh, so you know, I'm still in your sweater boy.

whenever i go to see my SO or he comes to me i always have his favourite boost juice or he has mine. One time he even had a happy meal for me because i am such a child i love those little happy meal toys. I guess its not much but its the thought that counts plus i know he has gone to the effort to get me something that id like after a boring flight.

So now it is tradition and we do it all the time

Comment

To expand on Amelia's ideas, you could bake for him or have a packed sandwich or something... I know because I'm too cheap to pay for airplane food, I'm usually starving when I get off the plane.. when I land in Dallas, we just go straight to a restaurant usually, but in Ottawa, there is really nothing very close to the airport... plus it's personal, shows you were thinking about him and is not cheesy or embarrassing!
      First met online: June, 2010
      First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
      Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
      Third visit together: August, 2012
      Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
      Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
      Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
      Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Both great ideas thanks so much! I totally didn't think of food and my SO gets in at 730pm so I'm sure he will be hungry and love a little snack and I know he loves smoothies and baking something is a great idea even more personal. He always jokes and tells me to get him a pie (we make fun of how husbands and wives can be in the south: "get me a pie woman!") so maybe I'll do that for him. He'd probably find it hilarious! THANKS SO MUCH!!!

She said you make me better boy, I just mailed you a letter boy, and oh, so you know, I'm still in your sweater boy.

Comment

Pie sounds great! lol I think my bf should greet me with pie when I next fly out there!!
          First met online: June, 2010
          First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
          Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
          Third visit together: August, 2012
          Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
          Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
          Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
          Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

oh a pie i wish my bf would bake a pie but knowing him he would get his mum to maybe i should hint it at him see what he thinks

Comment

haha I have no idea how to bake a pie, enlisting help from my mom next weekend to learn. I say everyone deserves a good airport meeting pie

Comment

I always used to surprise my SO with food. I baked a pie the first time he visited, made him a cheesecake when I visited him. And then the next time he was over, I had bought us fresh lobsters (they were on sale for $5 a pound! Woo!) and our next visit, I showed up a day earlier than he thought I'd be there, got into his flat, and made him lasagna. And then when we saw each other more regularly, I'd always have cookies or a new kind of beer or something.

I don't know how to do surprises that don't involve food apparently!!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Working...
                X