Board games for two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Board games for two

Does anyone know any good board games for two people? It seems so many games are made for groups. I'm looking for something a little more exciting then scrabble which is all we have at the moment. Something with lots of cards maybe that can be played over and over without becoming the same game. I love The game of life but there isn't a whole lot of variation and with two players it doesn't seem like one you could play numerous time without getting bored. Any suggestions are welcome whether they are adult games or kids games. I've had a look at some adult games but its hard to tell if they'd actually be fun or just really cheesy and maybe not so good.

Chess, checkers, monopoly, battleship, Chinese checkers, are a few that come to mind right off. Remember you can always add your own twists, make some new rules, replace or add some cards...just be creative when a game starts seeming boring.

Comment

Connect four!

How bout card games? I love a game called Spite and Malice. Here's the rules I just found online. I didn't read through all of them, but saw real quick that when we play we don't use Kings as wild. We use jokers from both decks. Kings just finish off the pile. But anyways, you can try playing their way. You need 2 decks of cards.

Comment

I'm going to be keeping an eye on this thread!

I bought a pack of Uno for us to play on this trip. I also got a book with like 200 different card games to give him as a stocking stuffer! He picked up some trivia games that are way too complicated for us, but we thought we would have fun just learning from it... We also plan to play Yahtzee and Chinese checkers... I actually look forward to our game nights!
        First met online: June, 2010
        First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
        Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
        Third visit together: August, 2012
        Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
        Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
        Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
        Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

We don't have any board games here with us so we mostly play cards. We play a lot of Rummy 500.

But in the US, I liked playing Mastermind with my Mom.

Comment

When we were in England last week, we played Uno Rummy and it was awesome! We played it loads and for me, it didn't get boring. Though I don't know if you can buy it anywhere anymore, when I try googling it, it gives me "Uno Rummy Up" which I guess is a bit different but.. *shrug*

I also like Mastermind and Monopoly If you're into puzzles, why don't you buy a massive one and do that together? Me and Sam have done that a few times and I enjoyed it!

Comment

How about Magic The Gathering?
              My boyfriend is going to send me a starter pack (and gets himself one aswell) and then we'll play it on skype

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
              First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
              Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
              Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
              Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
              Married: 1/24/2015
              Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Also keeping an eye on this thread. we dont play much, connect four, battle ships, those kind of things. We havent thought about trying to play cards though, i think its going to be pretty hard over skype!

Comment

Whenever i go to see my bf and his family we always play boardgames. We play trivial pursuit, clue (my faourite game about murder mystery, who killed who, where did they do it, what was rhe weapon) and sceneit.

Scene it is amazing because it not only has question cards but it uses real footage and asks questions based on scene footage from a movie plus many other activities.

I know you can also buy other scene it discs which have extra games to play

Just thought of scategories, it gets really competitive in our families

Comment

Jenga! I think you can play that with two people, and they've got a cheap knock off version at HMV! I know it doesn't really change when you play it, but I still love it every time. Or giant jenga, that's awesome.

Also come to my flat and we'll play Cranium!!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                    Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

chess?
                      The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.

Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)

Comment

World of Warcraft: The Board Game
                        Battles of Westeros
                        Stratego

Somewhat Playable with Two People if you're willing to play multiple characters:
                        Arkham Horror
                        Mansions of Madness
                        Descent
                        Other 'players v. board' games
                        Our separation so abides, and flies,
                        That thou, residing here, go'st yet with me,
                        And I, hence fleeting, here remain with thee.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                          Connect four!
                          Ahhh!!! I love Connect Four but my SO allllwaaaayyysss wins o_o. Grrr. My competitive side comes out LOL

Comment

Ludo, you can both take two colours, and have to get both sets in before winning, Buckaroo, pop up pirate, ker plunk, guess who, hungry hippos, all those kind of games are good

Comment

Better games than checkers

Um, yikes. As a board game geek the fact that most people don't know many games beyond the ones sold in Target hurts my brain. So even though this is an old thread, I feel I must reply. A few really great two player games are:

Citadels
                              Morels
                              Chrononauts
                              Jaipur

These come in pretty small boxes so they are pretty portable for regular LDR visitations. You can buy them on Amazon or the board game site Coolstuffinc.

Comment

Working...
                              X