Date Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Date Ideas?

Me and my SO seem to be running out of things to talk about... We Skype every night but he mentioned he was kinda bored with how we talk about the same things all the time. Do any of y'all have any ideas of topics to talk about or things to make Skype more fun? Thanks!!

I have an Idea but you may want to check to Adults Only forum for that Hahahah ! jk. Y'all could cook together on skype, or watch a movie together while skyping

-Alex J.

Comment

You could try not skyping every night. I find we quickly run out of things to talk about if we talk too much. Instead we save it up and have longer chats less times per week.

Comment

Watching a movie is good, but I think it'd be better if you could find a tv show on netflix with a bunch of episodes that you both would think was interesting. It gives you something to look forward to and a storyline that continues to talk about, rather than a movie where when it's over, it's just over. Or you could read the same book, if that's more your thing.
        Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
        Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
        Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
        LD again: July 24, 2012
        Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
        Married: November 1, 2014
        Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Comment

you could play games, true or false, 20 questions, or ask each other questions, be they silly ones or more serious ones

Comment

Thanks! Those are some good ideas!

Comment

My SO and I have "Cane Day" every Thursday, we wear Miami Hurricane attire (his fave football team) and send each other a picture of what we are wearing. It's just something cute that we do, you'd be surprised at how the little things can cheer you up. I'm not sure if ya'll have iPhones/smart phones, but if you do you should consider downloading "SnapChat". It's a really cute app that we enjoy together. We tried having Wednesday nights be "date night" so we would Skype and watch a movie or just talk, but we both got too busy for that rather quickly. Maybe you could designate one night a week to being your "date" night and only Skype on that night and do something different every week. I would even go the extremes of actually getting ready for our dates: taking a shower, doing my hair, putting on a cute dress. I think he liked the effort. We also watch tv shows together, but not like on Skype or anything, we just pick a show on Netflix that we would both be interested in and we both watch it at our own pace and talk about it afterward; it gives us something to talk about without There are so many things you can do, you just really have to think hard

Comment

Originally posted by rach92g View Post
                it gives us something to talk about without There are so many things you can do, you just really have to think hard
                Sorry I didn't finish my thought haha. It gives us something to talk about without being repetitive.

Comment

Originally posted by rach92g View Post
                  There are so many things you can do, you just really have to think hard
                  I totally agree, my SO and I try and involve eachother in as much as possible even if we can't be together physically (here I thank the inventors of laptops with all my heart!). We often bring our laptops when we are off to do something even if we don't talk that actively, for example I can watch a film with my family while my SO is gaming but we can still check on eachother regularily.
                  If you don't do this already on a regular basis, it could feel special if you left Skype on over a night or so (my SO and I have ended up doing this every night, it's come to the part where we have troubles falling asleep without the buzz from our computers). It gives you a sensation of being not so far away, and even with time difference.
                  Some other ideas is crafting, learning a new language together (or teach your SO your first language and vice versa)... You find a lot of good ideas on here, just keep looking

My love as deep, the more I give to thee, the more I have, both infinite ~Shakespeare
                  We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

It depends on the couple, my love and I talk twice a day, one is a video chat and the other is just phone and we never run out of things to say but I do notice that when we are on video chat the conversation is much more slow and casual because we are too busy staring into each other's eyes wishing we were together for real, for the phone conversation we usually talk about our day, but there is also a lot of planning involved and ideas exchange since we will be closing the distance in just a few months.

Before meeting in person we would limit ourselves to a few emails (very long ones though) a week to allow things to happen and have something to talk about and also to try to stay realistic until we met in person, we would play games in our Iphones in the meantime if we had free time or we were missing each other, the games I recommend:

- DrawSomething - you can get romantic with this, you can also take your sweet time drawing so it's like drawing a little postcard for your SO each time.
                    - Scrabble... though we actually ended up using Words with Pirates 4 friends since it has a language option so we can do one in english and one in spanish.
                    - Piratron 4 friends same maker as word with pirates except you use figures and colors for this one, so it is great option if you want to keep it fast and simple or your language is not supported in a scrabble type of game.

I think rach92g date night is a very sweet one which I would love to do but the time difference doesn't allow it for us and kacie's idea of 20 questions and such games are great when you are just starting to get to know each other specially, other than that just go out there and do things, like get in a class you always wanted or volunteer, it will keep you busy and give you something else to talk about

Comment

How about karaoke? one of you could pick a song for the other to sing

Comment

Working...
                      X