MMORPG for Non-Gamers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MMORPG for Non-Gamers?

Hi you all! So, my SO is a huge gamer and a total nerd, and it's uber cute and all that. I, on the other hand, have issues jumping across the mushroom canyon-y thing in Mario Kart. I'm trying to find online games that I could learn to play with him. I checked the main site, and we're playing a bunch already and we're also on a lot of forum sites like Gaia, but he needs something with running and guns and stuff.

If you guys have any ideas, I would appreciate it very much!!!!
    Last edited by ams.201220; December 12, 2012, 01:50 PM.

First met: June 2012
    Became Committed: June 04, 2012
    Entered an LDR: July 01, 2012
    Next Visit: October 2013!

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

are you looking for f2p(free to play) or p2p(pay to play)? There is a website that has tons of mmorpgs listed on it, with screen caps, reviews, download links, and everything. Give me just a minute and I'll try to find it... Ah! Here it is.
    The thing is though, you'll have to at least be into gaming a little to find interest in any games, including mmo/mmorpgs. Personally I've played WoW, FEZ, Aika, FlyFF, and Luna. I mainly play GPotato games for some reason, I think it's the cartoony style/feel that most of them have, idk. *shrugs* My SO plays Runescape and Wow, and he used to play Aika (you can get guns on this game and it's free roam, just most of the actual good stuff you have to buy from the cash shop and it's limited and expires after a certain amount of time) with me.

As for your SO, is he looking for a fps(first person shooter) or are any shooter type games okay?

I don't really know what to suggest to you since you're not really into gaming, so I would probably just look around on the site I linked above and see if anything stands out to you.

Oh! And what's your name on Gaia? I have an account there as well.. it's actually where I met my SO at. xP
    "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
    This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
    Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

Another good site for mmo's is: mmohuts

But instead of mmo's I would suggest trying out some coop games. They tend to get very intensive when played together. Here are a few very good ones: Lara Croft and Guardian of light, Deathspank and Portal 2. In these games the skill gap between players doesn't matter very much and the more experienced player can lead the way. It is a good way to get into gaming, way less hassle than mmos. You can try Guardian of light for free online, it seems that I can't post any links yet so you need to do some googeling for the games.

Comment

I've never been able to recommend an MMORPG other than WOW. I don't know if you're looking to pay to play, but really, it's the best there is. It's fairly easy for beginners to pick up. I wasn't much of a gamer when I started playing but after I was hooked for a long, long time.

Met online: 1/30/11
        Met in person: 5/30/12
        Second visit: 9/12/12
        Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dezface View Post
          I've never been able to recommend an MMORPG other than WOW. I don't know if you're looking to pay to play, but really, it's the best there is. It's fairly easy for beginners to pick up. I wasn't much of a gamer when I started playing but after I was hooked for a long, long time.
          I would probably suggest trying WoW too, but from what I've seen there aren't really characters that use guns. Either way, you can play WoW up to lvl 20 or so on as many realms/characters as you want for free so it could always be an option to download that and try it. They don't allow use of a lot of the social aspects or ability to purchase from the player market area in a free account but it would give you a good idea of the actual game play. Just remember that if you decide to upgrade to a pay account you can't downgrade back to the free account later if you change your mind.
          "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
          This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
          Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

you should definately try wow i think you can get a month free to test it out and see if you like it or not, i used to play ages and ages ago and it was addictive but fun.

Comment

My SO and I met playing the MMORPG called MapleStory. It's a really toned down MMORPG that's only 2D (I have trouble with 3D sometimes xD) with lots of flashy skills and a more cutesy, bright, and aesthetically appealing style. Speaking from experience, it's a lot easier to play now than it was a few years ago. It's primarily not PVP, though, so I don't know if your SO would like it since it sounds like he prefers being able to shoot people. :P

Do you think he might like league of legends? That's by far the most popular multiplayer online game, although it's not an MMORPG. You get the glory of killing the opposing team while building up your own. My SO and I play together daily.

I'm afraid I can't be more helpful than that. We tend not to play "shoot everyone"-type games.
              Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
              Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
              Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Working...
              X