Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching DVDs together!

Hi all

We would love to be able to watch Sllver's DVDs together. He was appauled I'd never seen Dirty Dancing. Has anyone managed to find any free screen sharing software/sites that actually work? I've seen a few threads in the forums (er fora?) about different sites but none seem to work for me (some have issues with windows7). Hulu.com could have been fun too but I'm not in the US. Any help greatly appreciated! È

How about Watch Movies TV? I'm outside of the US and it worked for me! Other than that my SO just gets the same movie as me, either through buying or rental, and we watch it at the same time while talking over headset.

Comment

We have a device called the Slingbox. It takes a TV/DVD-player/etc signal, and sends it over internet, so you can watch TV on a computer anywhere in the world. From that computer, you also have a remote control on the screen that you can use to control the TV/DVD-player/etc remotely.
      I use it to watch my girl's SkyTV with all the added channels. I basically see the same as she sees. We also use it to watch TV together.
      The only downside is that you need a good internet connection and that there's about a 4sec delay.
      www.slingbox.com

She even asks me sometimes when she's not home if I can quickly set it to record a TV-show.. it's like I'm in her living room, flicking the TV on, going through the channels, etc. It's quite cool.
      Last edited by William; July 22, 2010, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Skype has the screen sharing option, but it tends to lag a lot. What we do is one person will play a dvd either on the computer or dvd player and they point their webcam at the movie. So we watch movies through webcam over skype lol.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

When I was in Japan (my boyfriend lives in the US), we used to rent movies on iTunes, so we could watch them at the same time. There is a fee of course, but it was pretty convenient. If you can't find a free option, try this out ^^

Comment

Working...
          X