Plane tracker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plane tracker!

So Sam found this cool website where you can track planes anywhere in the world:

https://www.flightradar24.com/

If you click on a plane, it tells you where it's going and where it's coming from and everything! So if your SO is on their way to you, you can search for their plane and see how they're getting on/where they are We just thought it'd be cool to share as it would be something that we would've used when we were still long distance!

There's also apps for it. So if you're travelling to the airport to pick them up, you can still go on it and see how far they are

Ahh I love doing this. I joke about it with Zach that it's "creepy" but I love being able to see where he is.

Comment

That's cool! Thanks!

Met online: 1/30/11
      Met in person: 5/30/12
      Second visit: 9/12/12
      Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

Omg, watching those planes makes me want to travel so badly... I'm seeing planes headed for places I've been or want to go and my heart is just like ugh
        Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
        Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
        Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Hehe! Used to this while I was at work, waiting for him to arrive :P If I hadn't have been at work I imagine I would've tried to "journey" with him, like a read a book or watch a film like I imagine he would be doing on the plane! Lol
          Si tu n'etais pas la
          Comment pourrais-je vivre
          Je ne connaitrais pas
          Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
          Quand je suis dans tes bras
          Mon coeur joyeux se livre
          Comment pourrais-je vivre
          Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
          Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

Comment

Awesome!

First Met Online: October 2010
            First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
            Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
            First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
            Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
            Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
            Engaged!: June 1, 2013
            Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

Here's another good site for this: https://flightaware.com/
              You don't necessarily need their flight number as long as you know their departure and arrival city and what time they're leaving you can find their flight that way. It also lets you know if there's been a delay or anything.

Comment

Yes! The first time my SO came to visit, my family and I used this. There's an iPad app that is similar as well.

Comment

This is such a cool site!!!

Comment

That is so cool!

Comment

Thank you so much for the link, now I can stalk my pilot boyfriend all the time.

Comment

This is really cool! Thanks for sharing!
                        "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                        Made it official: September 17, 2010
                        Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                        Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                        Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                        Got married: November 21, 2012
                        Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                        Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

I'd like to (belatedly) thank you, Elina, for this link. My SO is on a plane to Germany right now (I'll join him there tomorrow) and I can see now that he's flying over Poland, so all is well
                          I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

There is also an iPhone/iPad app called Flight+, it's not free ($1.99) but it's brilliant, the best I ever used. You get Push notifications about arrival, departure, delays, real time travel map, plane info, airport weather forecast...

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Haha, glad you guys like it And yeah, there are awesome apps like that that aren't free, Sam's mum has got one and it's brilliant! And whenever we fly to see her, she can stalk our plane

Comment

Working...
                              X