Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movies

Any good movies? Share some movies you guys watch with you SO

I'm looking for horror movies cuz that's what my SO likes to watch hehe. But any movie would be nice need some suggestions Ty.

I always thought the Shrek Trilogy was kinda good to watch with that someone special, haha, maybe a little cheesy but that's what it's all about :P, my SO and I watched "Stardust" when I was in Thailand with her, I bought her it on DVD, and I already have it on DVD back here, so when I phoned her one night we both pressed play the same time and watched it, it's kinda become our film, but a very good film too

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
    2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
    3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
    4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
    5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
    6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
    7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
    Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
    UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

We just finished off watching Shrek last week! First time I had ever seen them. We're onto Zorro now
      “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

I've only ever watched one horror film with my SO, and that was the first Paranormal Activity one. I absolutely hate horror films because I'm easily scared even though it's irrational, and even though it's been like a year since we watched that one I still can't fall asleep easily! xD So I can't really give you tips on horror films, but I have heard from my SO that "In The Mouth Of Madness" (based on a story by H.P. Lovecraft) is supposed to be really good! Other than that, we've watched Big Fish, both of the new Sherlock Holmes-films, the Harry Potter films, Star Wars, The Road (awesome), El Dorado (which we both love, haha xD), Gladiator... We also watch a lot of series together, and so far we've finished all seasons of Homeland, Rome, Game of Thrones and Pushing Dasies! There are a ton of things you can watch! Just google "best horror films" or something otherwise, it'll give you a ton of results

Met online: February 2011
        Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

We've watched just one film together so far and that was the re-release of Titanic back in April of last year. I know it totally wasn't his kind of movie but he came along for moral support while I snivelled behind my 3D glasses

I like the idea of watching romance or comedy with my SO. Not that I'm not into other genres, but when we can cry (well, I cry!) or laugh with one another I feel closer to him

Comment

the princess bride
            how to lose a guy in 10 days
            the ugly truth
            real steel
            john carter
            knight and day
            unstoppable
            battelship
            the librarian
            hellboy
            transformers
            bruce almighty
            evan almighty

bridges of madison county and city of angels always makes me cry..

Comment

Well, I'm into watching Chick Flicks, and my bf likes to watch them with me lol

The movies we've watched together:

Romance
              The backup plan (watch this with him, and he'll feel like wanting to have/make a baby lol)
              Love in the time of cholera (he loved this one, because he has already read this book)
              P.S I love you (very sad movie, we both cried, but a good one, you can't miss this)

Comedy
              School of Rock
              White chicks

Horror
              We only watched The Blair witch project. But if your bf is into Horror films, I am sure he likes some movies adapted from the books by Stephen King.

I recommend:

Pet Sematary
              The Shinning

Comment

I love movies and watch so many, think its a special kind of art performance. This is a pretty reliable website that ranks movies for the best in all kinds. I just follow it when I want to find a good title.

https://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/movie-home.html

“Ju-On”-(2002) is one of the most obsessing ghost movie I've ever seen. The American version is “The Grudge” which is a bit less creepy.

Comment

My SO and I are comedy movie lovers. So I'll only recommend them. XD

Pineapple Express, Grandma's Boy, Superbad, and Horrible Bosses are some of our favorites.

Comment

First movie we watched together was Wall-E I think Then we've watched How To Train Your Dragon, Wild Target (great comedy), Pirates of the Caribbean (I told him I'd seen it several times, but could never pay attention to the full movie and plot, so I'd get confused... needless to say, I couldn't pay attention to the whole film with him on screen either, so still have to rewatch it xD), Moon (that's just really depressing) annnnd what was the other one honey? Oh yeah, SWEENEY TODD. He still has to pay for that one. (Though I'm pretty sure he loved watching me squirm in my seat). I'd love to watch Shrek with him Very corny and we do both like animated films, so.. (okay, who am I kidding, I confess, I have a Shrek shelf). We totally wanna have a HP Marathon together too, of course, see how many lines we can recite.. but we've decided that'll wait 'til in person.

Oh, and if you're after Horror you could always try Woman in Black (I got it for Christmas and am still yet to watch it. I wanted to watch it with my SO so I could cuddle up to him, but Mum likes horrors and wants me to watch it with her hence getting it for me :cheeky: ). Only other Horror movies I've actually watched are Insidious (HORRIBLE) and Wolf Creek (UGGHHH). xD Yeah, I don't like Horrors. xD (Though deep down, maybe I do. I watch Supernatural after all, and some of those episodes are terrible )
                    Last edited by SmileyK; April 6, 2013, 08:26 AM.

"My arms will be your prison" - My Boyfriend [♥] Our LDR Blog!

Started Talking - October 2012
                    Started Dating - 08.11.12
                    First Meeting - 08.12.13 - 39 days together
                    Second Meeting - 16.12.15 - 31 days together

Rosetta Stone Progress
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    22 / 60

Comment

We watch movies all the time and tv shows too. Our favorite is Science Fiction. Star Trek 2009 was amazing. We are looking forward to Oblivion. We like to do entire series and trilogys as well. We watched all the good and bad of American Pie this winter. The fun movies like Ice Age and Toy Story. Not so much the horror movies for us, but The Cabin in the Woods has a interesting twist to it in the end. He will be here in a few days and The Great Oz and Jack the Giant look great. We did see the Hobbit out, but OMG that was way too long to sit through in the theater.

There are so many good ones, I could go on for hours. LOL.
                      "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

How do u guys watch the movies together when one of u don't have it? We've tried two different ways and they haven't worked out well at all. We both have Netflix, but the UK Netflix doesn't have the movies or shows that the US Netflix does. :-(

Comment

When you don't have what?

We usually stream the films on one of our computers (either I stream it or he does) and then share screens on Skype, which enables me to see what's playing on his screen, which is essentially watching it together! So you could try that, it's worked for us so far

Met online: February 2011
                          Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

But that sadly only works with the old version of skype! with the new version you have to pay for sharing screens!

Comment

Originally posted by Lilly9886 View Post
                              But that sadly only works with the old version of skype! with the new version you have to pay for sharing screens!
                              This is why we use Google+ Hangouts.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                              Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                              Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X