Reading to each other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading to each other

My LDR partner and I skype almost every night from bed. We like to chat about what we have done during the day and talk in the same way a couple together would do in bed.

Recently my partner has started to read a book to me. It is lovely falling asleep listening to him read. The only drawback is I often miss who parts of the story as I doze off.

Talking via skype each day had enabled us to build on our relationship that had only been going 6 month before I left the UK. Now 2 years down the live we are still very much together.

My boyfriend and I Skype every night, too. Although we don't sleep Skype, it's nice to lay down and see him, as though we were together.

James' doesn't read, so asking him to read me a book is out of the question! haha, but last year I wrote a book, and I wouldn't let anyone read it, but sometimes I read him bits via Skype, and it brings us closer together, because he knows how personal it is to me
    First met by chance in London 2nd June 2012
    Started LDR 24th July 2012
    James' 1st trip to visit Klaire September 29th-October 31st 2012
    James' 2nd trip to visit Klaire November 17th-November 19th 2012
    Klaires' first trip to visit James November 19th 2012-January 13th 2013

Comment

My SO used to read to me in French from time to time. I couldn't understand much - I still can't! - but it was lovely to hear the rise and fall of his voice. I think I'll have to ask him to do it again sometime

Comment

My boyfriend and I do this quite often. In fact, he started to read to me way before getting into a relationship.
        I simply love and enjoy "reading days", so we still do it and we are currently reading our 4th book. :-)

On his last visit, he brought with him the very first book he read to me. He gave it to me and wrote a very loving note on it. That book has a very very special meaning for us, so it was such a nice gesture of him. Plus, what he wrote there was beautiful and touching.

Comment

We do this too, but only when we're together. We don't get much time to chat during the week because of our time difference and work, so it's only for visits. I'm usually stuck with most of the reading, since he whines that all his books are in Finnish Whatever, I'm sure it's really because he likes the "being taken care of" feeling, the big baby
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

My SO reads to me every now and then, and I love it Mostly it's just parts of books that he loves (he's a real bookworm and insanely interested in history) and I get to hear a lot of paragraphs from Plato and Aurelius and whatnot, but I really enjoy listening to him and how interesting he finds it, which leads to me finding it more interesting! Sometimes he used to read to me while I was falling asleep too, but not for a couple of months now. Which is a shame, because I really loved falling asleep to the sound of his voice, but I never ever remembered what he was reading the next day anyways xD

Met online: February 2011
            Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

We record readings from books to send to each other so that we can listen to them when we can't speak. It's wonderful!

Comment

This was one of my favourite things, and something I hope carries over into my future relationships. I love being read to.

Comment

Sometimes my boyfriend reads articles he found online to me and I love it! Last month he rediscovered some screenplays he wrote so he read them to me.. he is very talented and I loved listening to his voice acting out all the characters

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                  First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                  Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                  Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                  Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                  Married: 1/24/2015
                  Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by 80anthea View Post
                    We record readings from books to send to each other so that we can listen to them when we can't speak. It's wonderful!
                    That's a great idea.

Comment

In my last serious relationship my g/f read to me and I hope I can read to or have my new SO read to me. I think it is a very romantic and that is coming from a guys perspective.

Although I hate the movie "The Reader" because to me it's a bit creepy, weird and depressing, the aspect of a couple reading together or to one another is beautiful. The movie had glimpses of it.

Comment

Originally posted by monkinlove View Post
                        That's a great idea.
                        we both use a program called Audacity, it's free to download and really easy to use.

Comment

Working...
                        X