online courses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

online courses

We are both very geeky and love learning new things so one thing we've started doing is a free online course together. I found this site https://www.saylor.org which has a huge selection of free courses so we just pick something and work through it and then talk about it. I've learned loads from him!!

o but this will be very handy for me to learn better english too!!!
    thank you!!!

Comment

Very interesting, my boyfriend loves talking about computers and history, so I might take a course on this site and share the information with him. Thanks for the link!!

Comment

This looks like a cool site! I will have to check it out more later!
        Thanks for sharing!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
        Married April 18th, 2015!!
        Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Interesting idea. Her's another site who lists a lot of online university courses. I guess there are a lot more if you look around..
          https://www.openculture.com/freeonlinecourses

Comment

Sweet, that looks really great. My boyfriend really likes taking online courses from Coursera. He's taken several thus far and he's actually doing better in his university classes now because he learned so much from them. I wish I had that kind of motivation!
            Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
            Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
            Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

The Open University also has free online courses. Apprently itunes has a spin off site where you can download courses some free. Thanks for the links guys looks good
              Last edited by rosiemichelle; August 19, 2013, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Wow I didn't realize this existed! Thanks so much for sharing, this is truly an invaluable resource. It could definitely be something fun for us to do together, or even separately.

Neat!! Mind blown
                sigpic
                Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
                Our first LDR ~ August 2009
                Closed the distance ~ January 2011
                He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
                Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
                He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
                Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
                Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

:o This is awesome! I had no idea things like this existed. The little nerd in me is practically leaping for joy.
                  “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

That's awesome! I'm always looking for online courses to learn Thai, very hard x)

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
                    2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
                    3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
                    4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
                    5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
                    6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
                    7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
                    Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
                    UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

Here is a language site I found for those in international relationships search 101languages
                      also if you are trying to learn words and phrases try the Codegent applications on the google play store

MattDavies86 if I come across any Thai (Siamese) learning resources I will let you know
                      currently this all I could find was the Codegent Thai app

sorry I cant post direct links yet

Comment

The bbc also has some free online courses

https://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/

Comment

HAHA! That's exactly what I thought. My NERD HEAVEN!! Lol

Comment

If anyone is still interested in this, Iversity also offrs some very very good MOOCs (massive open online courses), but they start and end at specific dates usually, so you can't start most of them just whenever.

Comment

I love this idea! My bf is so geeky and I'm a nerd. I posted him the link so hopefully we can do something like this together.

Comment

Working...
                              X