No announcement yet.

Our "Love Pet"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally, I bought my gf a turtle for her birthday and now I have to take care of it cause she can't while she's at school, and she loves him to death. I did end up getting him a tank (his name is squirt) and rocks, and he's grown and is very happy. He eats out of her hand and sits on board games when the family is having family time. MAKE SURE TO WASH YOUR HANDS AFTER, THEY DO SOMETIMES CARRY SOMOLINA.

As for people in LDR and you can't share a pet I totally recommend fostering through your local pet store (Petsmart has SAD.SAC.) and they pay for the food, liter, etc. So, it gives you someone to come home to and you can help them out by giving them a loving home while they're up for adoption.
    Met: 1.20.09 (At School)
    Starting Dating: 5.22.09
    Been an LDR since: 8.17.10 (3 hours distance)
    Last Time I saw my SO: 10.02.10
    Next time I will see my SO: 10.14.10

Comment

Originally posted by annamorgan View Post
      Another person into animal advocacy! I always rant the shit out of people trying to tell them to go to a shelter instead of a breeder or pet store (nearly ALL animals in pet stores are from puppy mills, which are DISGUSTING, places where animals are TORTURED. Buying animals from a pet store supports the puppy mill!). All of the pets I've had in my lifetime have been from the Humane Society
      Yes, I am pretty passionate about it, too! I'm definitely not as hard core as some of the people out there, but I do wish to promote animal welfare when I can (and I am so glad that you rant at people!). My best friend, who died unexpectedly about two years ago, was studying to be a lawyer and was very interested in animal advocacy. I'm not a powerhouse like her, by any means, but I hope that I can continue her kindness in some way, though out my life.

Comment

My lover and I have a imaginary pet dragon named Darky lol but we plan to buy a puppy and give it that name when we meet.

Comment

This idea is super cute! I've had my dog since meeting my SO and he absolutely lovessss him. He calls him his 'boyfriend' lool. Its soo cute because whenever we web cam I feel like he is more excited to see my dog than me sometimes and hell yell his name into the mic so my dog will look at him. I went away on vacation leaving my dog home and my friend was stopping by the house taking care of him. My SO called my friend every day to get a status on my dog and make sure he was ok...even though he knew I was checking on him as well. Soooo cute!

Comment

Originally posted by jjbabixo View Post
            This idea is super cute! I've had my dog since meeting my SO and he absolutely lovessss him. He calls him his 'boyfriend' lool. Its soo cute because whenever we web cam I feel like he is more excited to see my dog than me sometimes and hell yell his name into the mic so my dog will look at him. I went away on vacation leaving my dog home and my friend was stopping by the house taking care of him. My SO called my friend every day to get a status on my dog and make sure he was ok...even though he knew I was checking on him as well. Soooo cute!
            That's so cute that he cares about your dog! My SO loves my doggy too

Comment

Cute!
              I recently bought two "Painted Mollies." At a petstore I was at, to much of my surprise, had molly fish that said "Love" on one side of them and a heart on their otherside. (I have no idea how they did that!) The words Love & the heart was a different color on each fish (the fish themselves were white). So I got 1 that said "Love" in blue on it and another one that had it in a purplish pink. I named the blue fish after my SO and the purple/pink fish after me . I couldn't wait to show my Navid a picture of our Love fish!

Comment

Not long ago while she has been here this summer, we got a sea monkies kit. We only have one left and he's huge. We call him Ed.
                But on kind of a similar subject, my family raises purebred cats and I have a few pet cats. When my partner was here this summer, she fell in love with one of the kittens so it is now hers, and I am keeping it here for her, for the time being. Will be sending her pictures and updates all the time. Kitten's name is "Pluto".

Comment

Originally posted by loveonspeedial View Post
                  Personally, I bought my gf a turtle for her birthday and now I have to take care of it cause she can't while she's at school, and she loves him to death. I did end up getting him a tank (his name is squirt) and rocks, and he's grown and is very happy. He eats out of her hand and sits on board games when the family is having family time. MAKE SURE TO WASH YOUR HANDS AFTER, THEY DO SOMETIMES CARRY SOMOLINA.

As for people in LDR and you can't share a pet I totally recommend fostering through your local pet store (Petsmart has SAD.SAC.) and they pay for the food, liter, etc. So, it gives you someone to come home to and you can help them out by giving them a loving home while they're up for adoption.
                  My so dropped off Squirt & Nikki to me this weekend, man they miss her! They want nothing to do with me and their tank got dirty so fast I've only had them 2 days and it's already murky.
                  Met: 1.20.09 (At School)
                  Starting Dating: 5.22.09
                  Been an LDR since: 8.17.10 (3 hours distance)
                  Last Time I saw my SO: 10.02.10
                  Next time I will see my SO: 10.14.10

Comment

Originally posted by DelicateMelodies View Post
                    Cute!
                    I recently bought two "Painted Mollies." At a petstore I was at, to much of my surprise, had molly fish that said "Love" on one side of them and a heart on their otherside. (I have no idea how they did that!) The words Love & the heart was a different color on each fish (the fish themselves were white). So I got 1 that said "Love" in blue on it and another one that had it in a purplish pink. I named the blue fish after my SO and the purple/pink fish after me . I couldn't wait to show my Navid a picture of our Love fish!
                    Oh my gosh! Can you post a picture?

Comment

That is the cutest idea ever!
                      ~"Happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them"~

Comment

Adorable! Currently we have an imaginary ostrich-eagle hybrid bird. HAHAHA. Apparently I'm supposed to feed him and he'll be in charge of training it to fly carrying people. HAHAHA

But in all seriousness, if we end up closing the distance I would love to get a cat. He reminds me of cats, and both of us are fond of them.

Comment

Working...
                        X