Vegetarian dishes for recipe exchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vegetarian dishes for recipe exchange

One of the activities listed on this website is a recipe swap, which is an idea we both love. He's a vegetarian and I'm not so we're a little restricted at times since, while we share a love of spicy food and cilantro, all of my absolute favorite dishes include meat.

I know there's a variety of online cookbooks, but I'm a little skeptical of any old recipe online. Does anyone have suggestions for vegetarian dishes that they've enjoyed? I'll bring some of our better ones back to this thread in the future.

My best friend is vegan so I am always on the lookout for interesting recipes. A great site is veggienumnum.com. Also, there are some amazing recipes to be found on Pinterest, just choose with care!

I loved the pea and avocado penne on veggienumnum. Deeelicious.
    Last edited by Lovebee; May 28, 2013, 04:50 PM. Reason: Edited to add
    London girl, American cowboy. "Like a western Dirty Dancing."

Comment

I make black bean quesadillas at home all the time. I'm not at all vegetarian, but the recipe looked yummy so I thought I'd give it a try. Can't find it at the moment of course, but if you look up any quesadilla recipe and sub in black beans as your protein instead of meat, I'm sure it would work.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovebee View Post
        My best friend is vegan so I am always on the lookout for interesting recipes. A great site is veggienumnum. Also, there are some amazing recipes to be found on Pinterest, just choose with care!

I loved the pea and avocado penne on veggienumnum. Deeelicious.
        I'll take a look, thanks!

Originally posted by blankita719 View Post
        I make black bean quesadillas at home all the time. I'm not at all vegetarian, but the recipe looked yummy so I thought I'd give it a try. Can't find it at the moment of course, but if you look up any quesadilla recipe and sub in black beans as your protein instead of meat, I'm sure it would work.
        Quesadillas (with or without meat) are one of my favorite things to make at home.

I usually make simple meals that taste good, don't leave me broke, and fill me up while he's a skilled cook. I'm hoping to impress him with my courage if not my skill.

Comment

Working...
        X