Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interactive Journal: Wreck This Journal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Journal: Wreck This Journal.

I saw Wreck this Journal when I went to the bookstore a while back and while I was describing it to my boyfriend we decided it would make a good activity to do together. Its a journal that has prompts on each page asking you to do things like drawing circles, writing random things, sticking fruit stickers on the pages, connecting dots with your eyes closed and crazy things like walking around the park with the book tied to a string or taking it into the shower. We've done a couple of pages and some we're saving until we actually meet to do together. Its a fun activity for date nights and we've decided we'll swap journals when we meet.

One of the pages has a prompt asking you to rip it out and wrap something with it. I'm making him a care package and this was perfect! I coloured the back of the page with a pattern and wrapped a little box that I made for him.

“The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

I got this book for Christmas.. of 2011. One of the instructions is not to keep it pristine clean. I almost have. I've mailed it to myself, I've started on the fruit stickers, and I've done the rubbings page and the name page. That's about all... I really should er, return to it. xD It's great fun I also own Finish This Book, which I also haven't done too much in *feels guilty* But it's definitely a great idea to do with your SO, I might have to bring mine when I see him

"My arms will be your prison" - My Boyfriend [♥] Our LDR Blog!

Started Talking - October 2012
    Started Dating - 08.11.12
    First Meeting - 08.12.13 - 39 days together
    Second Meeting - 16.12.15 - 31 days together

Rosetta Stone Progress
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    22 / 60

Comment

It does sounds fun. What is Finish This Book?

Comment

That sounds really neat!

Comment

I think I will suggest my SO this idea too, it sounds really nice ^^
          And the little box is ADORABLE!

Comment

@ libelle, thank you

@ SmileyK, we've done about 10 pages but I'm going to mail it to myself at the end. I've already got paint splodges on the back :P A couple of pages like the fruit stickers and gluing random items are still in progress. We got super creative with the "find a way to wear this book" prompt. I think the connect the dots one has been my favourite so far because I turned it into this (I realized well after the fact that I made a silly typo but it adds to the quirky look):

Last edited by LittleBox; August 11, 2013, 02:50 PM.
            “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Originally posted by TriniCherryPrincess View Post
              It does sounds fun. What is Finish This Book?
              I recall flipping through "Finish This Book" at the bookstore, it more geared towards people who enjoy writing and basically prompts you along to write, draw or describe things. Its pretty interesting. You can look it up on Amazon. She's got a variety of other ones, the scavenger hunt one in particular seems cool!

>Little Box<

Comment

My SO and I found this book and a couple others to the series at a book store here and decided that we should get them when we have the money to spend on them. We spent forever flipping through them and they looked like they could be really fun and a great way to kill boredom. XD
                "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
                This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
                Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

After seeing this post the other day, I had to go out and get this book. ^.^ Gonna start it tomorrow.

~

Comment

Nice ideas to learn more about each other and spend quality time when into long distance!
                    But what do you do when SO isn*t into these ”sweet things”???? One day, I found a short movie on you tube - it was called The most beautiful thing (a short 10 min. movie that impressed me so much https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP8psM4LWXk )- and I emiled him the link. He said he saw the e-mail, read it but couldn*t see the movie because he was at work. He told me he will see the movie when he will be at home, but I think that he didn*t see it, because he never told me about it. He must have forgotten about it or maybe he must have deleted it from his e-mail.
                    He*s not into sweet texts either (in the morning to have a nice day or in the evening to have a good night sleep). If I send him a text he always replies back, but rarely sends them on his own. And every text that he sends is telegraphic - mostly 2 lines (short and concise).
                    He doesn*t seem to want to talk daily either (let alone play games together or do other things that you wrote about above), only every 2-3 days for 10-30 min/ phone call. Sometimes, he calls me out of the blue (for 2-3 days in a row) and seems happy, opened, present and so we have beautiful and meaningful conversations but sometimes he seems distant, lagging, but talks to me, because he is just being polite. And yes, he can*t/ don*t want to talk much, because he will get bored and evertime I start to lenghten the conversation he stays there but seem to lose focus. I mean seeing him like that makes me a little afraid to call him everyday ( I could call him!!!), because I don*t want to seem intrusive or disturb him all time. He does not have another woman, because he is sincere to me and tells me everytime he goes out (I thought about it!!!) and this is just his attitude, his way of being which is driving me crazy most of the time. I really want to meet him in person and see how he behaves when we*re face to face, because he must be a changed man. It*s only 3 weeks before we meet.

Can some men be like that? I feel that he*s being honest and sincere with me and I know that he*s got a life over there, but why is he ”not so present” in our relationship? But then I am thinking that he is doing the best he can being long distance, because he has never been in an LDR also.
                    Last edited by alizee; August 22, 2013, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinopa View Post
                      After seeing this post the other day, I had to go out and get this book. ^.^ Gonna start it tomorrow.

~
                      Yay! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I might blog a few of the pages I do if they turn out good.

>Little Box<

Comment

Originally posted by alizee View Post
                        Nice ideas to learn more about each other and spend quality time when into long distance!
                        But what do you do when SO isn*t into these ”sweet things”???? One day, I found a short movie on you tube - it was called The most beautiful thing (a short 10 min. movie that impressed me so much https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP8psM4LWXk )- and I emiled him the link. He said he saw the e-mail, read it but couldn*t see the movie because he was at work. He told me he will see the movie when he will be at home, but I think that he didn*t see it, because he never told me about it. He must have forgotten about it or maybe he must have deleted it from his e-mail.
                        He*s not into sweet texts either (in the morning to have a nice day or in the evening to have a good night sleep). If I send him a text he always replies back, but rarely sends them on his own. And every text that he sends is telegraphic - mostly 2 lines (short and concise).
                        He doesn*t seem to want to talk daily either (let alone play games together or do other things that you wrote about above), only every 2-3 days for 10-30 min/ phone call. Sometimes, he calls me out of the blue (for 2-3 days in a row) and seems happy, opened, present and so we have beautiful and meaningful conversations but sometimes he seems distant, lagging, but talks to me, because he is just being polite. And yes, he can*t/ don*t want to talk much, because he will get bored and evertime I start to lenghten the conversation he stays there but seem to lose focus. I mean seeing him like that makes me a little afraid to call him everyday ( I could call him!!!), because I don*t want to seem intrusive or disturb him all time. He does not have another woman, because he is sincere to me and tells me everytime he goes out (I thought about it!!!) and this is just his attitude, his way of being which is driving me crazy most of the time. I really want to meet him in person and see how he behaves when we*re face to face, because he must be a changed man. It*s only 3 weeks before we meet.

Can some men be like that? I feel that he*s being honest and sincere with me and I know that he*s got a life over there, but why is he ”not so present” in our relationship? But then I am thinking that he is doing the best he can being long distance, because he has never been in an LDR also.
                        Thats a hard situation to be in. I doubt its a guy thing, my boyfriend is seemingly closed off but with me he gets cute. I'm very guarded when it comes to letting feelings show but when it comes to my relationships I have to have a certain level of trust before I let my guard down.

You two have been together since May, its been a couple of months and he should have loosed up by now. I find it odd that he doesn't want to talk to you too much because he fears he'll get bored. Communication is important in any relationship but so much more when you're apart. Communication is all you have to bring each other closer. Have you tried talking to him about it? Some people can't take hints, he might be completely oblivious to how you are feeling. I think you need to be upfront with him about it and get down to the root of the problem. The times that he's feeling unfocused or distant might not be due to you, he could be stressed from work or a completely unrrelated matter. It might be that the distance is weighing on him and he doesn't quite know how to handle it. You might want to suggest meeting (since you aren't too far from each other) and see how he takes that.

Feel free to PM if you want. Good luck (:

>Little Box<

Comment

I have always wanted to get one of these... and my husband thought the idea was interesting, too. XD Maybe one day, we'll actually get our hands on a couple.

Comment

I just sent that book to my boyfriend today! He's told me a few times that he likes drawing so I figured it would be a great gift. I told him once he finishes it, I want him to mail it back so I can see what he's done. On the page that asks you to spill/splatter/whatever your coffee, I included a Starbucks gift card. Another page said to "infuse this page with a scent of your choosing" so I sprayed my perfume there. I added little funny notes to some of the other pages. I also sent colored pens and pencils, stickers, and a glue stick. He should get it by Friday - we're both very excited! It's a fantastic book

Comment

Working...
                            X