LDR Survival Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR Survival Kit

I'm always thinking of creative ways to keep things going and I came up with the idea of a "LDR Survival Kit". More just a cute thing to send his way, but also to show how much I love him and how supportive of him I am.

Ideas for the kit:

Mix CD (mutual songs we love, OUR songs, LD songs, etc)
    "Open When...." Letters (Thank GOD for Pinterest. Had some really neat ideas for that!)
    Going the Distance Movie (Love me some Drew!!)
    Chocolate (He loves chocolates)

Then after that I'm stumped. I wanted to include some humerous things, but my creative side losing focus sometimes.

Any of you ever make one or have any ideas?

Thanks!!

I made my SO a "Miss Me? Box" that I filled with little notes, some pictures of us, along with some other stuff that I thought he'd really enjoy. I'm going to add to it before we go back to LD in a week and a half!

I bought the box at a local craft store, painted it and decorated the top. It was pretty cheap, especially considering I had everything I needed for the notes and the photos. Great idea!

sigpic

Comment

Awesome! Yeah, I wanted to add an album of pictures of us I forgot about that. Thanks for the reply!!

Comment

Try looking under this section: https://members.lovingfromadistance....cial-Occasions

There are some great ideas in that forum (: I'm in the midst of putting a package together for my boy and I've included a Word Search which I made myself using words that mean something to us. You could do a crossword puzzle too. I'm also sending him a book and am combining my love of numbers with words and added a "decode the message" where I've written down a series of numbers ex. 12:3:7 which will have him going to a page (page 12) , counting down the rows (row number 3) and then counting down the numbers in a sentence to the word (word 7) and writing that word down which when its all done strings together into a sentence or two. I got this idea from here, actually!

He likes creativity so I made him a little turtle out of play-doh which has dried quite nicely! He's a writer and often makes little notes here and there so I got him a notebook with blank pages and added a personal touch to the front and back. Think back to conversations you've had and his interests and go from there (: I'm sure he'll appreciate the thought you put into everything.
        “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

I once wrote a small fairy tale about ourselves. The prince and the princess who lived oh so far away from each other. If you like writing, this could be a cute idea to do.
          Other then that, I came across this website, it was in dutch "boek van je leven" which means Book of your life. Basically it was a thin book you could fill up with pictures and text, editing the way you like it and ordering it when you are done with that.
          There are multiple website for that kind of stuff. Jillster is one like that too. You can create your own magazine with that. (Just pm me for the link, not sure if I'm allowed to share links that go to other sites then this one so )

- Make your own book/magazine
          - Write a (short) story with you and your SO in main character
          - Fortune cookies! --> You could make your own, with personal messages in it
          You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness

Comment

Wow, thanks for all of the new ideas! I think I'm going to do a ShutterFly book for him! I appreciate all the help ladies.

Comment

great ideas, i need to come back to this when i get a chance to either send as package or give it to him for the time we'll be apart.

Met: 2006
              Started talking again online: October 2011
              Started "dating": 02/02/2012
              First meeting: July 2012 (6 weeks me to him)
              Second meeting: Christmas 2012 (8 weeks him to me)
              Third meeting: August 2013 (5 weeks me to him)
              Fourth meeting: July 2014 (3 weeks him to me)
              Fifth meeting: New Year's Eve 2014 (8 weeks him to me)
              Sixth meeting: July 2015 (11 weeks him to me)
              Seventh meeting: July 2016 (12 weeks him to me)
              Eigth meeting and getting married: December 2016 (12 weeks him to me)
              Closing the distance almost two years later than we had hoped on November 6th 2017

Comment

I considered to make a box for SO, but I am afraid to make anything too big, as he shifts around between 2-3 houses during the year. Perhaps I could make like a tiny tiny box
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

For christmas i made my SO a special book which i made just out of a normal 200 page rulled notebook. basically i had the idea that i wanted to make her a sort of couples workbook. There are a lot of couples workbooks out there but they all just seemed really general questions and activities so i decided to make my own. My SO absolutely adores the book and has great fun showing me little bits she's done when we go on webcam. i basically just filled it up with fun little fact files that i filled in then she could fill in her own. i included things like word searches with words that are special to us, criss crosses and even little story writing exercises since we both love writing. When i made it we didn't have a date for meeting so i wrote in it that she could do all these things and then show me when we met and that seemed to really make her happy. she gets really excited about us seeing each other and that just sort of motivated her i guess and helped her keep her chin up. it took a while to make but it is definitely her favourite present ever (besides the hello kitty i sent her which she literally doesn't put down). I generally think this is a really cool thing to do and it's just so much more personal than the couples workbooks you can buy. Obviously everyone won't like this idea but i think it's just a great little thing for you so to bring out when they're thinking of you and want something to do :3
                  my girls <3

Josie (SO)
                  Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
                  Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
                  Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
                  Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
                  Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
                  Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
                  Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
                  All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

It might not be able to go in a kit, but I'm keeping a jar full of paper hearts that kind of serves as a "survival kit".
                    I make a new heart every day to put in the jar, and whenever things seem really tough, I can look at all the hearts in the jar/show my SO how many hearts are in the jar in order to be like, "look how far we've come." It's also pretty cathartic, so there's that.

All you need is a jar of your choice (I'm using a tomato sauce jar), and paper. I can't link yet to show what I'm talking about, but I make what are called lucky hearts. Sites like origami-resource-center and make-origami have instructions on it.

Comment

I also do the sort of thoughts jar thing!
                      I just have a page in my notebook which i write all the things which make me happy and then when i fill up the page i cut around all the words and put them in my throughts jar. and then of course when i'm feeling down i just bring them out to have a look at them and it always makes me smile :3
                      my girls <3

Josie (SO)
                      Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
                      Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
                      Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
                      Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
                      Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
                      Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
                      Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
                      All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Great idea of Survial kit i love this i will surely do this for my SO. Hope he like it.

Comment

I write a lot and a couple weeks ago, i wrote a short story about how our first meeting would go and he loved it.

Comment

Working...
                          X