Matching Shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matching Shirts

So we all know there's a LDR shirt on Threadless (my fave shirt site, by the way) that make great gifts and a great way to match each other apart from the bracelets and pillowcases. Well how about designing your own matching shirts?

The site I used before, https://www.customink.com/, makes great quality shirts. You can save the designs, put custom text, images/symbols, and choose what type of shirt you want it on and the size. Yes they do plus size. I made a shirt there back in January and the design has not faded in the wash or cracked or anything. They do charge you per how much stuff you put on the front or back, but the pricing's nice.

So if you guys have an inside joke or nicknames for one another or what to make fake team shirts, whatever, you guys could have fun designing the shirt together and it makes it all the more special because you'll remember helping make the shirt and it'll be something only you two will have in the entire world!

This sounds really cool! Kevin and I should get one for out anniversary.

Comment

Great site! Love to do this.

Comment

Haha Neat. Great Idea.

Comment

Oh, that's a really good idea. Man, now I want to sit down and design something...

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

CafePress is another greate site to customize your own shirts, mugs or mousepads! Just thought I would throw their link in here too.

Comment

Originally posted by NaNi View Post
              CafePress is another greate site to customize your own shirts, mugs or mousepads! Just thought I would throw their link in here too.
              Cafepress and Zazzle have questionable quality, though. I used Cafepress once and for a mousepad. The design's ink pretty much could be lifted off with cleaning. Zazzle I got a shirt from there and the image came to me cracked and faded in places, right out the packaging. Sad thing is Zazzle costs more.

Comment

I'll definitely bookmark this site!
                Thanks for showing us this, LadyMarchHare!

Comment

This site is so interesting! I've never made a shirt before and I was playing around with some idea. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Yes! I like this suggestion. I did a design for him that was sort of an inside story and got it transferred onto a shirt at my campus printer shop. It was pretty pricey to get the transfer, though, they didn't/ couldn't do it how I had expressly wanted it, and the smallest size they had, I know for future, is too big for him. Anyway, I have never seen him wear it (not even for pjs!), so I was pretty disappointed.

That said, I think that the couple's shirt idea would work really well. We have a joke about potatoes and on our website awhile ago he actually had t-shirt mock-ups with the design on them in his and hers styles (I wonder if he found one of these sites to do it with?). From a quirky gift store in the shopping district of his city, I purchased a purple t-shirt with little owls on it. I like wearing it, because it reminds me of my visit and it is really cute...so I tell him about how I am wearing it sometimes and that seems to have rubbed off (plus, he was really proud to show off that store and the t-shirt printing store when he gave me the tour). Now, he teases me that he wants the same shirt, but in pink and we can trade! I think I have a couple of things up top that he doesn't have and the cut on men's shirts is different than on women's, so I am not sure that would happen. He seems to like the couple's shirt idea, so maybe I will chat him up a bit more about it and we could work on it as a project together (hey! he did say he liked working on the video together and wanted me to come up with another creative project to do--maybe this would be it! I would love to see more of his drawings--he has a seal he designed that he puts on most of his letters to me, but says he doesn't draw any more because he is so busy with music. It would be great to get him drawing again!).

Thanks! This gives me something to work with. I would be curious to see favourite designs or even hand-drawn designs people make. (P.S. LadyMarchHare: I saw the image you made in your blog and it is amazing! I used to go on Gaia a lot and marvel at some of the art work on there. Someday I will get Photoshop and a drawing tablet...someday!)

Comment

Me and Travis have matching shirts and hoodies, but I didn't get them printed, I just bought something I knew both of us would like haha, but it's cute

Comment

Working...
                      X