Watching films together... in the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching films together... in the UK

Ok I know this seems to be a really popular thing amonst us LDRers, but I've looked at it a couple of times from the LFAD list, and unless I'm being very stupid, I can't get it to work :S

The last time I tried was before Xmas so I'm going from memory here, but I'm pretty sure it was something to do with me being in the UK, or not being in America at least...

So has anyone from Britain got this working? I'd be very grateful for any step-by-step idiot-guides if anyone has
    In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
    Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
    Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
    My dog Sam ♥

Sorry, I'm not from the UK, but maybe I can help anyways. What website was it? I can't remember which one(s) is listed, but if it's Hulu, then it won't be available for you because that's an American-only website. America seems to be stingy with it's video websites, making sure that nobody but us can watch them, haha.

Comment

Erm, I'm not sure tbh Jackie. I'll check it out tomorrow. I'm off to bed now so I can get myself up in time to watch Andy Murray vs Roger Federer in the Aussie Open final tomorrow

Night night all!
      In a relationship with

My Albums:
      Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
      My dog Sam ♥

Comment

I think I tried some site as well, I got the link from the old LFAD forum (can't remember the site now though) but it wouldn't work, I couldn't see any tv-shows or movies which was really gay cause Andy and I both love films and shows and it would be so nice to watch something with him simultanously.

Comment

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but you might be interested to try Seetoo.com.

Here is the link: https://www.seetoo.com/lite.php

Someone posted about this on the old forum. Basically, both you and your SO sign up for it. One of you would put a dvd in your computer, and the other person would be able to watch it simultaneously! This would be good if you wanted to watch a movie that one of you already has. Jared and I would use this, but it is not compatible with a Mac

Comment

Thanks, that's a useful link! Although with my new (crappy) Internet connection I wonder if that would actually work.. But definitely gonna try!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluestars View Post
              Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but you might be interested to try Seetoo.com.

Here is the link: https://www.seetoo.com/lite.php

Someone posted about this on the old forum. Basically, both you and your SO sign up for it. One of you would put a dvd in your computer, and the other person would be able to watch it simultaneously! This would be good if you wanted to watch a movie that one of you already has. Jared and I would use this, but it is not compatible with a Mac
              Boooo.... I just tried this website and it wouldn't work for me because I'm using Windows 7! It's apparently compatible with 2000/XP/Vista though... so depressing. It is a really neat idea though! Hopefully they'll make it compatible for 7 soon.

Comment

Great idea, thanks for that!
                In a relationship with

My Albums:
                Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Yeah, I was the one that posted about seetoo, haha. I love it! BUUUUT! You both need a good computer with a decent connection and a video file/dvd. And about windows 7... I don't know. It worked for us (I opened it on firefox though, don't know if that matters). It's great, cause I can use skype on windows 7 and watch the movie, so watch both my lovely beautiful girlfriend and the movie and talk using keyboard or mic.

But there are alternatives like both opening a youtube link or something of the sort. Sites like Sidereel, Alluc.org, etc. host links for this sort of thing. Or you can both download the movie and play it at the same time. Mm.. just see what works for you, I guess.
                  Adia, you're on my mind and in my heart...

Comment

I recently swapped my Internet connection to wireless one (meaning it works wherever in Finland I go) but the speed also dropped to 1Mb (used to be 2) so I don't know if that'll be enough to watch films online.. Guess just gotta give it a try and wish for the best!

Comment

Working...
                    X