Activities on a time budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Activities on a time budget

Hie, I was reading all your nice suggestions for things to do with your SO when you are apart. I find that the trouble with engaging my SO in a lot of the activities, is that they take time. Usually, my SO works long hours, even in the weekends. He eats, goes to the gym, Skypes (or calls) with me for about 2 hours, then he has to prepare for the next day. When he is not working, he is studying or visiting his family. There is really no time for us to cook or watch movies together, internet connections is not always the best either. When he has time off I really like for him to go out with friends and relax a little, and not feel that he "has to" hang out with me. So we have not had any "date nights", though we talked a whole lot in the beginning (which made us not sleep for weeks!). Usually we talk or write about our daily activities, sometimes we ask each other more "deep" questions about the past or family or values, at times we just want to make each other laugh, sometimes it is more directly about feelings or have a little sexy time. Most days things work fine but I want to keep things going until I can see him again. I can get a little worried that perhaps we should be doing more "couple stuff" together though, but I really don't see us watching the same movie because of time, I also think maybe it would feel a little weird... I would not know how to introduce the consept. He has been in a LDR once before, but it was not such a serious relationship and not with daily contact like we have. This is my first LDR. Any suggestions for activities that does not take too much time (3 hours max) and perhaps seem (for a lack of better word) "normal"? Perhaps we could try out Date night once in a while, but I am not sure how that would work. He is not a gamer or into technology, and only uses mail to send information. I mean I have stuff/surprises I want to do to him (and he has some kind of special project planned that includes that I have to take a picture...) but here I am thinking of things to to together. Glad for any help/suggestions on this subject
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits
Working...
X