Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommending/choosing things for each other

A couple things my SO and I do:

1) He helps pick what I wear. I put on an outfit, then take a picture, then repeat until he has a couple of options. Then he picks what he likes best. It really helps you feel closer to each other, because you've managed to impact their day even in the smallest way possible. Or, if you're texting, asking 'what are you wearing?' is a great question.

2) Recommend things, such as music to each other. You get to know each other better and get a sense of each other's taste, and it gives you something to do when you're not talking.

3) This isn't really a thing to do 'together', but I'm keeping a small journal for him about my thoughts, little things I've written, or about what happened in my day! Gives me something to do, and if we don't get to talk that day, I still feel like I'm talking to him. Really helps

Does anyone do something similar? Tried something I suggested? Let me know in your replies ^_^

We do the first thing a lot since we skype so much. A lot of times, especially if I'm doing something important, I'll show him a few shirts and ask him which one to wear. And we recommend a lot of music to each other. Well, more like force it on each other lol. Shows too, we try to watch each other's favorite shows together. Like right now we're watching The Wire and Greek together. His favorite, and my favorite. The last one not so much. I used to do it in school, but when I left I stopped.

I ask him a lot what I should eat as well, like if I can't decide between two things.
    "You let me in your heart and out of my head."

Comment

We're also telling each other which songs the other one should listen to. Mostly these are songs expressing our feelings at this moment. In my opinion this really helps a lot and you get to know the interests of your SO better. We also recommend each other some movies. Yesterday he told me about his favorite movie and said I should watch it and so I did

Comment

My GF and I send pictures of our outfits if we're dressing up fancily. We also send videos to each to watch.

Comment

Oh yeah we definetly so that sort of stuff all the time. Send links we think the other might like. Music recommendations. She's introduced me to so many artists and tv shows. It's fun to learn and try new things together. Also, we often ask each other's opinion about outfits and stuff!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
          Married April 18th, 2015!!
          Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

My SO likes it when I make him "mix tapes" of new music I know he hasn't heard before. I first made him one for our first Valentine's and another for one of his birthdays, but he requests them every so often these days. I don't know why because he follows a lot more music scenes than I do!

We also share book recommendations too. I read a lot more historical books that he wouldn't read, but if I find something he might enjoy, I hook him up!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
            <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
            The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
            <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
            <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
            Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
            Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

My s/o and do the ootd pics and send to one another daily....now that we are closed distance-I usually ask his opinion on outfits before I head out for work. I like the mix tape idea and may have to do that as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Mims27 View Post
                Oh yeah we definetly so that sort of stuff all the time. Send links we think the other might like. Music recommendations. She's introduced me to so many artists and tv shows. It's fun to learn and try new things together. Also, we often ask each other's opinion about outfits and stuff!
                It really is fun to try new things together! What do you use to ask for opinions on outfits?

Comment

When we're LD and I am wearing something I know he'd like I take a picture for him (for example something purple, since he loves purple!)
                  When we're CD he often chooses what I shoudl wear, from underwear, pants, shirts to accessories.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                  First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                  Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                  Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                  Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                  Married: 1/24/2015
                  Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I don't really get the choosing the other person's outfit. If I dress to impress it kind of kills it if he has done the choosing....

I have sendt him lots of music; some love songs, some just examples of music that I like that I feel he might fancy. I might make him a mix tape sometime, or just send him some that I did before (I have made a series of mix tapes that I gave to family some time ago, I call it "Put on a happy face" because the overall impression is upbeat) Also, I sometimes sing songs and post it to him on e-mail or Skype, he really likes that.

I do talk to him every day so it would be strange to keep a journal as well. If I could not see him or wanted to say more I think I would make videos; he is not really much of a reader, he likes movies and he likes to watch me. It could be like a video blog, but only for him .
                    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                      I don't really get the choosing the other person's outfit. If I dress to impress it kind of kills it if he has done the choosing....
                      I disagree. When we were LD-and now that we are CD, it adds a different level of "sexy" or "fun" to the outfit. He's done the work and helped me pick it out, and if I get to wear it when I'm with him, it makes it that much more sexy because I get to work an outfit he helped pick out. (Then again, he's a weird one and looks at me weird when I wear some outfits, haha.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                      Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                      Progress: Working on it.

Comment

I even asked my husband once if he would like to choose my clothes and he said "Oh please do not make me do it", haha. I really like doing it myself, and both my men are pleasantly impressed by anything I put on, so for me the sexyness lies in showing off and be mysterious about it.

And I welcome any sexyness others might find in doing things other ways
                        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by nicole View Post
                          My SO likes it when I make him "mix tapes" of new music I know he hasn't heard before.
                          This doesn't relate, but we're the same age so I'm gonna safely assume you were born in 1989 or 90, xD I find it rather amusing that everyone still calls it mixed tapes, including myself, especially because no one uses tapes anymore!

Anyway, I actually really like that idea, and had never considered choosing each others outfits xD. I wonder how well that would work this late in the game since we're not used to it and we've got a "routine" whatever that means in our case lol. BUT we do watch Boy meets World together (we started watching it from the beginning as I never watched it in the 90s!). We also watch The Big Bang Theory every week!

To be honest though, we haven't been really doing those sort of things lately, just the typical "watch tv shows, skype, and call each other" sort of things. I'm a strong believer in it's the little things that matter! Thanks for that .

Comment

My SO and I have this "story of the day" activity.

We had a week to think of a good fictional story that will entertain each other, and every night before we sleep, we tell each other a chapter of the story. We have a new story every month, and the one with the better story gets a little something.

For example, my SO's fictional story this month revolves on a couple; one was once a child prodigy, while the other is mentally challenged. So I'm keen on knowing if they will end up together or not.

Comment

Working...
                            X