not sure where to put this- usb gift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not sure where to put this- usb gift?

So it will be our 1 year anniversary on halloween, so I decided i would get a head start on a gift as it will take a while to put together and send to America etc, I am making a usb stick with various things on, but I don't think I"ll be able to fill it =/ The ideas I had so far:

- Recording an audiobook as he likes to listen to them whilst he's at work
    - A playlist of songs that remind me of him, as I got him a mixed tape of british artists for valentines this year,
    - Various photos I will take between now and when I should send it off- naughty and nice ones =p

Does anyone have any other idea as to what else I can put on this thing? it's 4gb, so I know I'll never fill it up, but I want to at least try lol

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
    <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
    The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
    <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
    <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
    Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
    Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

I sent my SO a usb stick full of stuff last month but seeing as the thing was 5 years old (as in kb, which is 1000 less data holding than gb) there wasn't much but I kept a theme. I made folders for everything and had photos of me, pictures I thought he'd find funny, some gif animations and other stuff. I had songs that remind me of us or that I thought he'd like as we share most of the same musical interests. I recorded a video of myself telling him I love him. I also wrote up a readme.doc file like what you get with programs giving instructions as to what order he should look at the folders and when to.

Another thing you could do is grab music videos from youtube or videos in general that you know he'd like/remind you of him or you both. Heck you could play a game with folders and make a bunch within each other and hide a few of the naughty photos in random ones and name the folders misleading things. Maybe even write up a map or quiz with the answers being the folders or the passwords to the folders. Sky's the limit.

Comment

If I can make a suggestion: Why not pick a TV show or movie you both really like, and put it on there so you can watch it together for date nights? I did that with one of my sweetheart's favorite shows, Big Bang Theory. Of course, then you'll have to find a, er, place to download it from like piratebay.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Originally posted by luna_banana
        Haha, my name is Nicole too! My boyfriend's birthday is coming up soon and I was planning on returning a usb thingy he gave me a loooong time ago in the birthday package along with some other presents. He'll probably think I'm just being courteous, but when he uses the flash drive there will be some naughty pictures on it
        As for taking up space, videos take up a lot of memory. So you can record him a nice video (I'm sure he'd just love hearing your voice), or if you're feeling up to it you can make a naughty one hahaha
        Also, this.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

This is a really cute idea! I never thought of anything like this. I like the idea of putting a bunch of pictures on there

Comment

great idea and so thoughtful...I am sure he will love it!
            NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

My SO sometimes includes "treasure hunts" on our usb. It start's with a picture where she tells me to type in a specific url. That url takes me to a website where I have to do something else and this continues for a few minutes until, at the end, there might be something special waiting (sexy pictures, etc...).

Comment

I've been having fun making photo slide shows. I've tried both photostory for windows (I think you can download it for free online) and imovie for mac. It's basically a way to put your photos together with graphics, music, etc. But the one's I've made are too big to email, and my bf's cd drive is broken, so a USB drive is the only way to go.

I've been thinking of making a USB drive for my SO too (I got a super cute tiny one recently that holds 4 GB). I'm going to try to figure out a way to put some movies/TV shows on it. Even videos you make yourself- sort of a video diary. If you have a camera that you can take around with you, it would be cute to make a video of what you do throughout your day.

Comment

=) Thank you for all the suggestions! I really like the idea of making a treasure hunt on there and recording videos of myself- dunno if I have the courage to make a naughty one, but we will see lol.

The first usb I made him for valentines was only 276kb or something daft like that, but it came in a little cardboard box which looked like a cassette, so it looked like an old mixed tape- I would recommend it, you can fit about 20 or so songs on it. It's a really cute gift and he loved it =)

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                  <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                  The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                  <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                  <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                  Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                  Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Maybe take videos of yourself somethin funny or sexy whatever you feel like so he'd have you with him even if you dont get to talk/see each other for a day or two

Comment

Working...
                    X