Minecraft question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minecraft question

So there are some people here who have played minecraft. Be it with your SO or some friends. My SO and I are going to start playing it together. He's a long time player and he got me the game as part of my Christmas gift. He is the more technologically-able of the two of us, and we're trying to put this together while we're apart because we didn't get around to it while he was here. Too much snuggling and whatnot XD. My question is, have any of those of you who have played minecraft ever tried to set up a server? My SO would do it but his computer doesn't do forward port or something like that. (I'm no good with tech speak). So it's up to me to do it . I've downloaded the forum software for easy forum creation as given on the website, and I know my ip address, but I still can't get the dang thing to work. It says my computer can't connect to the server. If one of you who have done it would impart your vast wisdom onto me, I would be eternally thankful. This means a lot to my SO and I.

It's pretty easy. Me and my SO play. I think the site is portforward . Com that shows you how to forward a port. Otherwise google your router model with "how to port forward" and there should be a tutorial somewhere. Downloading the server and unzipping it is easyish. There are YouTube tutorials. Also, use internet explorer to port forward. Sometimes other browsers mess up with it. It took me ages to figure that out.

Comment

His computer doesn't matter, as long as he has to have access to his router (router password) to forward ports. Like previous poster said, just googling portforwarding with the name of the router gives you a lot of guides for it, but without the password to the router, it won't work. I haven't really noticed much difference between browsers though.

Comment

Originally posted by ethelynn View Post
        I haven't really noticed much difference between browsers though.
        Maybe it was just my computer. All I know is I tried for 2 days to port forward in firefox and it never saved.. It took me ages to see someone had the problem with chrome so I switched to IE and it worked the first try. =]

Comment

Thanks so much for the help! I think the reason my SO can't help it is because he might not know his router password. He's in college and I don't know about his wifi situation... But anyway, really, thank you so much, my SO will be so happy

Comment

Working...
          X