Sharing a hobby...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing a hobby...

Usually these kinds of things have not mattered to me TOO much when in CD relationships but I have found that having a hobby in common with my SO has brought us closer for sure.

We are both people who need to stay physically active. I'm a Health and Physical Education teacher, he is in the military.
    He has been going to Crossfit for a little less than a year now and I just finish my first class tonight. It felt great texting him "Your girlfriend just finished her first WOD [Workout of the day]. " He's always looking forward to hearing how I'm doing when it comes to our physical hobbies, it's really cute.

So, do you and your SO share any hobbies? Do you find that it has brought you closer?

Met in July 2006
    Dated very briefly in November 2006
    Reconnected in July 2011
    Something changed in August 2013
    He visited in November 2013
    I traveled in November 2013
    I visit in February 2014

Me and my SO play minecraft together. It's brought us closer together as it's a different way to spend time with him. I would love if he was as active as me. He says he will be when we are together though.

Comment

My man introduced me to Magic The Gathering, aswell as Dungeons and Dragons and Hero Quest. I gotta say sharing this hobby with him brings us closer. He has a great imagination and it's nice to be involved in it. Playing DnD with him is awesome and I love it!!
      We also shared the passion for video games, it's how we bonded

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Nah not really. My hobby is drawing while his is writing. From the above posters I guess our love for video games counts as a hobby, right? xD We met on an online game afterall It does bring us closer (in the long-run. But we get really competitive sometimes and that can get nasty LOL)
        Does eating count too? We both love food LOL. Nomnomnomnom food always brings people closer <3
        On a side note: My SO is a really buff/active guy. I started going to the gym regularly too but my bae doesn't really like me going LOL, so I guess it didn't bring us closer xD. New gym time equals less time with him. He's complains like: "Why do you need to go to the gym wdf? -_- "
        Last edited by TooFarAway; January 16, 2014, 09:16 PM.

Comment

My SO and I are huge movie buffs. We love going to the movies and watching movies at home. When we're together, we watch multiple movies a day! It definitely brings us closer

Comment

We play World of Warcraft together. We tried to play DOTA together but I'm terrible at it, but it's his favorite game We also cook when we are together. We go to the grocery store, buy a bunch of food, and see what we can do with it. It's really fun! We also both like LOTR, Dungeons & Dragons, and Pokemon.

a gente se completa neste abraço

Comment

I love to cook and my so is interested in learning to cook. When he comes here we have decided that cooking together will be one of the things we do. We have really only done it once before but it was fun. And we both like to watch movies, so I plan we will do that a bit. We also both like music so sometimes we will share YouTube videos or I will record me singing and send to him.
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

We are both huge fans of video games, so we mostly play together, or we both play different single-player game and then share our opinions We met in World of Warcraft, but we don't play it anymore. Now we play DotA 2 together and some co-op games, like Resident Evil 5 or 6 and Portal 2. We also like to watch movies and cook together (altough I'm not good at it, I just do what he tells me lol)

Comment

My SO and I are both workout fans so we will tell each other what we're doing or did at the gym or for a workout. We facetimed once when we ended up going to the gym at the same time, so we were able to actually workout together! It was really fun. Other than that, we both enjoy movies.
                  Our love story:
                  Attended the same high school 2004-2007
                  Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
                  Reconnected: August 2012
                  Began dating LD: November 2012
                  Engaged! March 2014
                  Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

It is bonding to share something, CD or LD. I think it's great to be willing to try something that your SO loves doing, even if you won't do it forever. It shows you care. He and I have vastly different hobbies, but we share some, too. It's always fun for me to hear how he's tried something I like. It connects us somehow.

He and I like art, so we'll share favorite artists online. If I find a new one, I'll screen share on Skype. He does the same. We're always looking for something like that to share, so it keeps us thinking of the other. He is a big gardener, too, so I tried this year...I failed miserably! It was fun to talk about it with him. He'd share pics of his garden, and I made a short video of me working with my plants. The video was before we had Skype. I think he liked the video enough to get us on Skype!

Comment

Seems like we have a lot of gamers on this forum! One of my exes and I bonded over the fact that I was one of the only girls he knew well who enjoyed video games.

I love that so many of us love food too! haha. My SO was blown away during his visit when we sat down to eat dinner together for the first time in seven years. (Wow hadn't really thought about that until right now haha) I cleaned my plate every time we went out to eat, he loves it and doesn't feel bad for devouring his food lol.

Met in July 2006
                      Reconnected in July 2011
                      I visit in February 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Heavenly_Love12 View Post
                        My SO and I are both workout fans so we will tell each other what we're doing or did at the gym or for a workout. We facetimed once when we ended up going to the gym at the same time, so we were able to actually workout together! It was really fun. Other than that, we both enjoy movies.
                        We haven't done this yet, but it sounds awesome!!

Met in July 2006
                        Reconnected in July 2011
                        I visit in February 2014

Comment

I also feel like it helps very much to actually have things to do together. But as we're a CD originally, there are mostly things that aren't LD compatible. We used to cook a lot together, sometimes we still do that, he will take his laptop to the kitchen and I will take my phone and we will skype while we cook, but the time difference is a bit of a problem there because we never really ant to eat at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                          X