Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shopping together! (and skype screen sharing!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping together! (and skype screen sharing!)

Well, I for one am I HUGE lover of shopping ^_^ Clothes, shoes, bags, etc. You name it, I love it. Well the other day my SO and I were on skype when I discovered the screen sharing function (how can I have had it this long and have no idea that you can do that?!?!) and at the time he was looking at getting a new winter coat. Well, lets just say he really doesn't know what to look for. So I went around websites showing him a bunch of different ones until we found ones he liked. Well, it got me thinking, most stores have websites where you can shop online nowadays. And not just for clothes. It could be really useful if the two of you are moving in together soon and want to choose furniture! We've even used the screen sharing to help with a bunch of other things like when he helped me choose my desktop background, when I needed opinions on paint colours, when he was looking at characters for a game we play, the possibilities are endless! And plus, it's cool just to see what your SO is getting up to =P It's also very funny when they forget they are being watched and you say something to do with whats on their screen and they are like "HOW DID YOU KNOW TH..oh wait". Or that might just be me.

That's so cool! I never knew that Skype has a screen sharing option, probably due to the fact that I don't use Skype anymore haha
    But it's a great idea.

Comment

I have actually just talked about it with my SO yesterday I wanna send him a link of a site where I usually shop for clothin and I told him he could help me choose some *cough* lingerie *cough* xD And he liked the idea a lot haha
      He has also showed me the car he will get soon
      Btw the screen sharin is also fun if you wanna watch movies together which one of you has only on the laptop Yet I cant do that cause I wanna see my SO rather than any movie lol

Comment

Haha it was the same thing here.
        My friend told me about the screen-sharing thing just two days before i moved to US. I had no freakin idea that it was possible up til then and i still have problems with it working properly.
        But it's a cool function.

Comment

Me and my SO use this sometimes. We actually just used it last night so he could show me something on WoW [World of Warcraft].
          Anyway, It's a really useful tool! but we don't use it often because, strangely, my laptop likes to run slow while it's going on. Then again, we're on webcam and skyping at the same time, so that MIGHT be a reason XD

Comment

what a fun idea!
            NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Aw, that's a cute idea I've never done with with my SO because whenever we're on the computer he's working on stuff for work and I'm doing homework now. lol. That would be a huge distraction!

Comment

We've actually shopped together online, but we've never thought of using the screen sharing thing for that... we just give each other links. But that would be so much easier! Thanks for the idea.
                First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

My screen sharing doesn't work =[
                  I think it's his computer. Every time I try it, it doesn't show up, except (oddly enough) for the split second during the time between when I press the button to stop it and when it actually stops.
                  But yeah, I agree with 5000miles XD

Comment

Working...
                  X