Care Package for SO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Care Package for SO

My SO kept hearing about me making brownies for mom and made a request! So i sent him a tin of home made brownies a couple days ago! When I got to the Post Office they asked me if i wanted to overnight them.Ii casually asked for how much.....40.00!!!! UH WHAT?...Anyway hell be getting them on Monday so he'll be happy with that!

Yes, it is pretty expensive. The care package I sent my SO in January was $40 because it was international. I think I could have used a better option but I'm not familiar with all the mailing options and the cookie tin I sent was rather huge. He and his family did enjoy everything as it made it safely!

It'd be nice if the post office gave a LDR discount. hahaha *wishful thinking*
    When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
    no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

I haven't sent any care package to my SO till i think i should send him one.

Comment

The first thing my SO sent me was a box of american candy and some other stuff as a sort of easter present last year. i knew it must have cost a lot because it was just sort of your average box. the general rule is make it as small and as light as you can when sending stuff, except she just used quite a big box and it cost so much. i think it was about $46 and that was way too much. she next managed to send me something in December and that was a smaller package but because it was in a standard mail bag it still cost $20. i don't know if the US prices are just really expensive for shipping or what but it seems ridiculous how much it is to send stuff like this.
        my girls <3

Josie (SO)
        Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
        Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
        Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
        Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
        Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
        Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
        Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
        All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Hey guys, quick tip if you don't do it already: when you're sending stuff overseas from the US via the post office, it doesn't hurt to ask for 'cheapest option' if you don't have a time crunch on the package. When I first started sending stuff to my SO in New Zealand, I didn't think to do that, and just paid whatever they said it was. Then one day at a different post office, a woman asked me "how I wanted it to go" and I was like uh.. what? Turns out there were a few choices for international.

Some packages really are just too large or heavy and have to go a certain way, but for most of the average stuff we're sending, there are often multiple choices. I've sent my SO some fairly large packages, and only one was big enough to have to use the longer customs form and go a specific way.

When I get to the counter now, I just say "I need to send this to New Zealand, the cheapest way possible, please."
          Also, in my experience for NZ (but I don't know about other countries!) shipping UPS or FedEx is way more expensive, so if you're going those routes now, check the post office's prices just in case.
          And also for my experience with NZ, it's never been cheaper to do the 'flat rate international' boxes or whatever they are from the post office. Packing it myself in a plain box has always come out cheaper.

Just some suggestions to check!

Comment

I haven't sent a care package to my SO yet but we were talking about baking each other cookies and sending something of ours to each other to always be reminded of one another.

Comment

I did this with my LDR bf. he sent me his shirt, a cute letter, some other of his prized possessions and a cd. i send him homemade cookies, my favorite teddy bear "open when..." letters, my favorite guitar pic and a few other things. i was perfect!

Comment

In my post office they always ask me if I want priority mail, but it costs way more and gets there MAYBE one day sooner, so 18 days not 19 days, the difference is not worth the money. Too long time to send anything I want to kept fresh in the mail. I have only ever sendt one gift in the mail, that was the neckless I bought for him after we had first met, with a card /letter. And me and my husband sendt a Christmas /New year -package with gifts /stuff.
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

So many spelling errors. Sent* it* lol

Comment

When my SO and I were still in the friendship stage I sent him a package with a PHP book (he's super smart), a rosary and some candy. The rosary was sentimental, the book may or may not have been useful and I'm sure the candy was enjoyed with his family. To my pleasant surprise (at the time), he sent me a sweet letter in return, with a beautiful necklace inside. It was a shining silver necklace, featuring a small Lord Ganesha / Om on the pendant. At first it was my favorite necklace. Then I would wear it almost all the time! Now I can't bring myself to take it off. ♥
                    From America to India. ♥

Comment

Originally posted by conejita_hada View Post
                      Yes, it is pretty expensive. The care package I sent my SO in January was $40 because it was international. I think I could have used a better option but I'm not familiar with all the mailing options and the cookie tin I sent was rather huge. He and his family did enjoy everything as it made it safely!

It'd be nice if the post office gave a LDR discount. hahaha *wishful thinking*
                      Hey, can I ask what you sent?

Me and my SO want to send things to each other, but as we're international, we're a bit concerned with customs and what's prohibited and whatnot

Comment

Working...
                      X