Any ideas for a movie night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any ideas for a movie night?

Hello! I'm trying looking for a treat that could answer my doubt, but I didnt find any! I was wondering, how do you watch movies with your SO? The thing is, we haven't find any app that works. We tried with sharing screens on skype, but the image keep freezing and stuff. I have the movie we want to see, however we need a good sharing screens app. Neither of us have nextflix, and she isn't good with english so a movie without subtitles wont do. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

We just do a countdown together and pick a scene to start with. Then we skype chat while watch the movie together. We have been doing this for years and even used to do them as re-watches on a forum with others.

It's pretty easy. Just pick a scene and say pause at the scene where you see "X" and then wait till both at that scene and then use your Skype to go....3, 2,1, go. and both hit go.
    If you both use the same source it is even easier by just using the numbers on bottom of screen and pick exact numbers and doing countdown, but still works pretty good without it. Watching a movie together on Skype webcam for us kinda sucks, it is better to turn off volume so you both can hear the movie and talk while watching it.

You have a problem with her being able to obtain the movie you want?
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Actually, we tried what you said and it worked perfectly! We had the videochat on so we saw each other during the movie, and it wasn't difficult at all to play the movie at the same time (: It was like I had her here by my side, thank you!
      I think it would be awesome if a page to watch videos simultaneously shows up ( I know there's synaptop, but that just doesnt work for us). However this solutions you gave to us works perfectly, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by AppleLee View Post
        Actually, we tried what you said and it worked perfectly! We had the videochat on so we saw each other during the movie, and it wasn't difficult at all to play the movie at the same time (: It was like I had her here by my side, thank you!
        I think it would be awesome if a page to watch videos simultaneously shows up ( I know there's synaptop, but that just doesnt work for us). However this solutions you gave to us works perfectly, thank you!
        Your welcome. I used to be a rewatch mod an a different forum and you can do it in larger groups too, maybe even a family thing or double date. Me, my SO, my daughter and a good friend of ours has done it via Skype on conference several times.
        Last edited by Hollandia; July 13, 2014, 03:14 PM.
        "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

My girlfriend and I just use Netflix, and I find out what time stamp she is on then we do the whole 3... 2... 1... thing. Because over Skype, the audio from the movie on her end leaks into the call, I will try and stop-start the movie on my end until the audio from her end and my end match. It works pretty well for the most part as long as there's no connection glitches.
          ---------------
          Closed the distance: 14th January 2015

Comment

Working...
          X