Virtual/Story date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual/Story date

I do not know if anyone has does this or not but it is a lot of fun and my SO loves it! I am a bit of a writer, and we decided to take advantage of my skills, I normally just start short stories but I am never motivated to finish them. Since we live 1800 miles away from each other and met online, we have never been able to go on any real, physical dates. When trying to decide something fun we could both share, I came up with the following idea.

Virtual/Story date

To start your virtual/story date, decide where you are going to go on the date, it does not matter if it is a guy or a girl initiating the story. I will use my story as an example to what can be done. I would write around a 600 word short story of me meeting my date, I chose the airport where she would meet me at in my sate, tell your "date" everywhere you go and what you do (it is important to write in the first person for the next step). Then after you write the story, have your SO write a follow up from her side of the story (also first person) and how she reacts to everything you do in the story, the follow up can be written simultaneously (What she thinks at the exact moment you do it in the story) or as a continuation of the story.

Fun things to include or try:
    1. Dialog, try writing out conversations between you and your date in the story, it can be a lot of fun to see what you think each other would say.
    2. Include what you are thinking in the story, "Wow, she was smoking hot today", I thought to myself as she walked through the door.
    3. Switch viewpoints, try writing what your SO is thinking and how they would react to your story.
    4. Writing form the first person is very rewarding but perhaps for a section of the story you can write from the view point of an onlooker seeing these two lovers.
    5. Include real places!

Have fun!!!
    Last edited by douglas2275; November 20, 2014, 08:23 PM.
Working...
X