Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cook dates on Skype

Anyone else done things like this?
    Tonight I made Lasagne while my partner was on Skype and she showed me the ropes to make an amazing lasagne. Oh boy is it amazing!
    I have a lot of fun learning new recipes with her on Skype and I'd recommend it to anyone in an LDR.
    ---------------
    Closed the distance: 14th January 2015

This is so cuuute. I wish I could bring him to the my kitchen as I cook, but my parents are still hating on my LDR -.-
    The closest we got to a Skype cook date is him just randomly taking me to the kitchen when he's hungry to make ramen or creative sandwiches with whatever he can find in his kitchen lmaoo

Comment

My twin sister does this sometimes with her boyfriend. They use teamspeak, so they don't actually see what they are cooking.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Haha, my SO would be clueless. Lmao. He wants me to teach him how to cook in person. Oy.

Comment

SO and I don't get stuff like that to work for us, but we love to cook together in person.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

We haven't done this on skype, but he has taken me to the kitchen with him when he is hungry and I have watched him cook a meal before actually and watch him eat it, we can't wait to cook together in person.

Comment

He's only watched me cook on Skype but we haven't tried to teach each other anything that way. We've enjoyed cooking for each other and learning recipes when we were in person before though.
              To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by whatruckus View Post
                Haha, my SO would be clueless. Lmao. He wants me to teach him how to cook in person. Oy.
                Lol this is exactly how my boyfriend would be... absolutely clueless, except I don't think he really wants to learn. Besides, I already told him I would love to cook for him and we made a deal. He'll always do the dishes if I cook dinner and I think that's a pretty sweet deal since I hate doing dishes lol. I plan on making him help me cook when we visit, just so it'll be fun and he can say he cooked something yummy. But I don't think he ever has any real plan on learning how to cook, so maybe him and I can cook dinner on skype together and he can make a frozen pizza while I make something yummy for me lol.

Comment

We've talked about doing this before but have yet to try. Neither of us are really good at cooking and she doesn't have access to a kitchen. I've collected recipes over time but I have yet to try any of them either. I have a break from school soon. There's probably no better time to do it than then. I'm sure she'll enjoy watching me struggle in the kitchen.
                  First contact: March, 2014
                  Official LDR: June, 2014
                  Married since: August, 2017
                  “有一种幸福就是每天睁开眼睛,就知道你在。” -Xinxin

Comment

Tried to do this once.
                    I made a grilled cheese and my SO got extremely jealous..
                    so I attempted to teach him to make a grilled cheese but he couldn't figure out which side to butter and which side to put on the pan and ended up burning it LOL..
                    You know there's no hope when your man can't even make a grilled cheese... guess it's gonna be the good ol' ham and cheese on toasted bread for us in the future hahahaha
                    [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
                    became official: 28.03.11
                    first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
                    second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
                    our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
                    third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
                    fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
                    surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
                    viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
                    jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
                    my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

My boyfriend and I have done this a few times and we've had so much fun! Its fun to see the finished products and compare our work, haha.
                      Whatever is meant to be will always find its way.

Comment

Ahahahaha! I wanna do this with mine, but timezones suck (Three hour difference :C) She's on break now though, so it might be manageable. Her lunch time is my 10 a.m. so it's a little weird to coordinate :/
                        Met: Apr 2013
                        Mutual interest: July 2013
                        Relationship Began: November 6 2013
                        First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
                        Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
                        Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
                        Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
                        Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

Working...
                        X