Ok a lil odd but really sweet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok a lil odd but really sweet!

My SO likes to buy weird drinks and sweets and foods online that we cant get in the UK. Yesterday in the post along with his letter was a can of his favourite soft drink that he wanted to share with me. He also sends me fudge made in the harbour village where he lives because he knows i like it so much. I just thought it was real sweet that he wanted to share something he really enjoyed with me and i wanted to share it as an idea for LDRs to do for each other

That sounds like a really good idea!
    It's great for international LDRs to get a taste of what their SO likes. It's also good for people in different states too, since the South, north, west and Midwest differ greatly.
    Thanks for the suggestion! =]

Comment

Glad it helped! So many people on here have shared so much i wanted to give something back

Comment

That's interesting, I've never thought of that before! My SO is from Texas so we basically have the same food. But I could see how this would be great for international relationships!

Comment

Me and my SO have similar foods as we are in the same country but its a nice way to share your fave things with your SO and vice versa a nice way to get to know one anothers likes and dislikes

Comment

That's so sweet! I know it's not international but I keep wanting to share my favorite chocolate bar with my SO, which has bacon and sea salt in it. He thinks it's really weird but he's willing to try. I'd also love to share some of the local goodies here in Louisiana with him.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyMarchHare View Post
              That's so sweet! I know it's not international but I keep wanting to share my favorite chocolate bar with my SO, which has bacon and sea salt in it. He thinks it's really weird but he's willing to try. I'd also love to share some of the local goodies here in Louisiana with him.
              Chocolate with bacon and sea salt in it???? oh that sounds interesting! can you buy that online anywhere?

Comment

I would love to do this, but it's really hard sending - for example - chocolate to my SO. It's such a long trip and we experienced that it loves to start melting or gets squished in the box. I might try and see if I can find other food to send to her. I would love to share my favourites with my SO.

Comment

It's cute how he's sharing a piece of his life and interests with you

Comment

thats so sweet! my SO once wanted to send me a bottle of Ale8 cause its a Kentucky only drink and he loves it!

Comment

Aww, that's very sweet of him! I hope you enjoy it!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

very nice gesture....
                        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

/waves......Hi im new here. My SO lives in Australia and im in Canada. He loves reese peanutbutter cups but they are very expensive over there. I send him some eery couple months. I also send him koolaide. He also has his tongue pierced so i got him a tongue bar with a canadian flag on it. We also write letters and send cards in the mail. Instant messaging is cool but the rush i got from finding a hand written letter was over the moon. I still smile and cry when i read them almost 2 months later, and im sure will for years.

Comment

Hi Dragonmom, welcome to the forums

I love this idea btw, I've sent her a couple of chocolate bars or taken ones over with me cause there's so much choice in here and she bloody loves chocolate, it always goes down well
                            In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                            Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                            Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                            My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Working...
                            X