LoveByte and few other ideas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LoveByte and few other ideas...

First off this site is really great. i just joined the forums but me and my SO have been doing a lot of ideas and even finding some on our own or comming up with our own ideas. Here's a few of them and I tried doing some searches before posting them to be sure (at least pretty sure) they haven't been on here.

1. LoveByte app It's so cute and perfect. The only thing it's missing is voice and video chat which we use skype for but you can do so much on it. I know for sure it's for iphone/ipads and I think it's for android also but not sure about any other smart phone. But if both of you can get this I suggest you two get it. If you don't want others to see your texts/skype messages you can even lock it with a pin so even if someone is on your phone they won't be able to get into it. it has a couples calendar, notepad, picture gallery and a day counter for when you first met how long you've been together and other anniversaries, even share notes/pics and send each other secret messages.

2. I used listhings (the canvas idea) for this idea but I guess you can use penmia also and we tried it but don't like it as much so we just use the canvas. What I did was for like a week or two I started a couples journal. I wrote down everything we did, my feelings, and well everything like what I did that day and how I felt when we weren't talking. I was planning for 2 weeks but one day couldn't hold it in anymore and told her to sign up and I shared the canvas with her. She was so surprised and so happy and couldn't believe I did that and was crying she was so happy. Well since that day on we have used it as our couples journal site as well as other stuff.

3. I know this one probably has been mentioned but with a twist. Make a list of 100 or more/less but for me I'm going for 100 reasons why you like/love your SO. Now here's whats different than the others is it can't be physical so you can't put your SO's eyes, hair, skin, how she touches/feels etc. It has to be how she is, acts, does stuff for you. For me the first 30-40 things were easy but it's getting harder to think of stuff now and I'm on 92 items. I've been trying to update it once a day and also it will show your SO how/what you think of them and how much you care for them.

4. A collage. It doesn't have to be perfect but I sent my girlfriend on a treasure hunt going from one messenger to another and even threw some sites we joined. Once she was at the end of it, it led to a collage of her and her new kitten. Some pictures were of her, some were of her kitten and some were of both and it was in a heart shape. It was also big enough so she could put as her desktop background on her computer. I figure for those who met or even haven't met you could do one with both of you in it or even't you could still do one.

5. For those of you who want to be safe but still send something to your SO there are services out there that you can send items threw email. I haven't done it yet so do your research before you just pick a service but from what I understand you sign up and send the package with some code or something on it. They will also send her/him an email asking for their address so they can send it to them or they can send you something. This way if you two are still getting to know each other or one of you still doesn't want to give out your address you can still send stuff to each other.

I hope a few of these ideas have helped. We both are always looking for and trying to think of new ones.

The only problem with apps on phones is that not everyone has a phone (like my man, he hates them lol), but all your other ideas are really good! I like them a lot and I am going to try and make a collage for my man

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I use lovebyte it's good. We've celebrated milestones such as 300 days together and so on. The secret messages are good, but I don't like how they got rid of the love scratchie coupons.

Comment

Glad you liked it and I guess we missed out on the love scratchy coupons oh well we still love the app.

Snow I know what you mean and possibly there's even a program for computers out there or there's even emulators out there to run phone apps. But even then not everyone has a computer or willing to take the time to do that either. I know with a lot of people in our age of time having smart phones and computers it's easy to miss. I just thought I would put the idea out there for those who do have them might check it out.

There's still people out there that don't have either whether they don't like the new tech or can't afford it. Technology is such a wonderful thing yet also a curse as some people depend on it and don't know how to live without it. It's also easy to forget that there's people like that and I guess I forgot when I was writing that but still it can also help a couple that do have phones that can have that app. Not saying it's for everyone just saying it's an idea for those that can to try it out.

Well sorry for getting a little off topic I guess I just felt like explaining my thoughts lol.

Comment

I am one of those sad unfortunates that do not have a smartphone. I had an Android pad but my scum sucking ex stole it from me and lives in Scotland. Went missing right after the last time he left. LDR gone bad. But his loss is my current LDR's gain.

Comment

Working...
          X