No announcement yet.

Presents that I'm making for my SO - some ideas and could you suggest more? :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Presents that I'm making for my SO - some ideas and could you suggest more? :D

Ok so I've got 21 days to go until I fly over to spend 2 weeks with my awesome SO. I thought I'd share the things I'm doing for him. A lot of the ideas I've got from elsewhere though.

- I've made him a little photo album of... *ahem*.... certain photos that NO-ONE else gets to see

- I found a cute little sticky-note pad with a cartoon rabbit on each page at my local $2 shop. It's special to us because he cracks up laughing about the antics my pet rabbit gets up to. I'm writing a quote or a little message on each page. I didn't realise when I bought it that there is a magnet on the back. I'm going to ask him to put it on his fridge and take one piece off each day.

- I'm going to get some index cards, write messages on them and hide them all around his apartment for him to find after I leave.

- I saw the idea somewhere - could have been on the 98 things list - of taking photos and doing a tour of your day. I've expanded on that and done a tour of my week. I got a big book, one of those ones that art students use with the sturdy pages, and am going to print the photos out and glue them in the book with captions directing him through my week.

- I also like the jar of kisses idea, and the message in a bottle idea - I'm pretty sure I saw both of those ideas elsewhere on this website.

Any other ideas?

Someone mentioned doing this on the forums, but I can't remember who it was!
    They suggested to write 'I love you' where you go and in different locations around town, take photos of them and give them to your SO. You could always try that.

Another thing I did for my SO was that I painted a little box for him and put a bunch of Hersey's Kisses inside. What I wrote on the outside in red letters was 'Whenever you have a bad day...' and on the inside I wrote 'Just have a kiss, straight from my lips!'
    It's cheesy and corny, but he loved it =]

Comment

I love those ideas! May I use them?

"Together forever but never apart, maybe in distance but never in heart!"

Met: 9.15.08
      Started Dating: 10.17.08
      Been an LDR since: 10.17.08
      First time meeting: 5.28.09 - 6.2.09

Comment

Yeah, go for it!!
        Thanks lexi, I'll do that with the jar - my jar of kisses plan was foiled when I found that I'd chucked my lipstick out ages ago because I never wear it. :P

Comment

I made him a scrapbook - not really original, but he loves it!
          I also got a digital photo keyring - really inexpensive - and I preloaded it with photos so he can have them with him all the time.
          I also got a mug off ebay where they screen print footprints or photos onto it. I had our puppy's footprints put on a mug for him - he loves it and keeps it at work!
          A mix CD - also not very original, but yet again he loved it.
          Also last time he visited, was on fathers day. I had two fathers day cards for some reason so I gave my puppy a pencil and she scribbled on the card and I hid it in his suitcase... super lame.... but meh...

Comment

My SO is really creative and writes a lot.

I typed up a couple of his poems (my handwriting sucks) including one he'd written for me and hung them on the wall.

He loved seeing his creativity displayed
            Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Cute ideas... Anyone else w good ideas? I'm flying in 23 days and I want to do something cute for my SO.

One idea I have for christmas and that is cute for other international couples:
              Make him/her a cookbook w your own recipes.
              Im from the NL so I'll put typical dutch recipes in there.

Comment

I've made a set of open when letters

Comment

I have made a couple of countdown books...with pics, images, compliments, poems, inside jokes, dearing him to do things and so on. There is a link somewhere I think I made him 3 books like that. It makes the waiting time fun and special. I have usually given them to him uppon arrival, I don't trust the European/Asian mail

Here is the link to the countdown books (Encouragement calenders): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkAKzaRQ5Mk
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                  - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Aren't you lovely
                    Thanks for sharing the link, I think I found my next project

Comment

I think taking something that gets frequently bought and used up and making it lovely is a sweet thing to do. Like maybe repack his favourite coffe in a cooler box, get special coloured office pins, or what ever they need frequently.
                      My SO is a musician and plays guitar so he uses up guitar picks all the time. I bougt a pack of the ones he uses and now draw little things on them with a permanent marker. its somtehing actaully useful and still sweet, and perfect for us as we're both not to huge on "overly romantic" things like picture books and love letters

Comment

Thank you! Your ideas are great! I love the countdown book!!!

Comment

The very first thing I did for SO was the 52 reasons I love you (deck of cards). I made one with lots of laminate on it, which made it possable to have lots of things on them while staying durable (but it took FOREVER...which was good because I had to wait a long time to see him in person). You can use thread or metal thread or rings (I could not find a good size ring, so I used metal thread). I did not do the tea thing, as I did not want my card to look too faded but I used a semi-old stack. I collected lots of images from magazines (and some I bought at a DYI store), as illustrations to the compliments I made (he really liked that). Here is an example:
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaLrsFi99hQ
                          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

My best friend and I learned to make paper stars at the same time. (I consider her my laotong but that's a story for another time.) She made me a jar of paper stars, it's a Korean thing I believe and it's supposed to symbolize good friendship or love. I intend to make a jar of stars for my SO as well. What I like to do is write little messages inside the star before I make it. (So a message in each star.)

If they ever need comfort, they can unravel the star, read the message and feel better. You can always make more stars ♥
                            From America to India. ♥

Comment

Kinda like the jar of stars, I've made jars of hearts for my last ldr. I would make tiny little paper hearts for every day that we were together as sort of a morale booster for those difficult days. You could make hearts to mark the months or years, or if you're feeling particularly dangerous, the hours. It was a fun little activity, and it was nice watching the jar fill up.
                              I'm considering making a little flip book or something like that for this one. I also want to learn how to knit or crochet and send some things over.

Comment

Working...
                              X