Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping the Relationship Fresh

Hey all!

I got in a small fight with my boyfriend yesterday about stepping out of my comfort zone to try new things..I have a hard time trying new things because I tend to do A LOT of overthinking. Anyways, my boyfriend ended up saying "You know what? I'm tired of you not trying anymore" and when I asked him to explain what he meant he put it this way: "I want to you to try to get with me like we're still newly dating"

I completely see where he's coming from! He's coming for a visit in a week and I could really use some ideas on how to freshen things up! We are hoping he's coming back for good but if he does end up leaving then I would love advice for how to keep it fresh while doing LD.

What do you and your SO do to keep things spicy and to keep the chase going? Both in person and LD!

I send random and very provocative texts at unexpected times.

Comment

A lot of the times, I feel like I'm in your boyfriend's position, aha.
      My boyfriend is kind of stubborn and doesn't like to go out of his schedule.
      What I do with my boyfriend is that I keep it weird (cause I myself am kind of weird).
      I send him funny things over Facebook/Kik (app we use to talk) when he's asleep.
      Or I tell him stuff I love about him.
      My most fave thing to do is send weird videos and pictures of myself.

Comment

my boyfriend never really says naughty things on the phone, but one day he called me while i was at work and told me a fantasy in detail. i was completely shocked and i think about it all the time!
        Sometimes I wear something sexy on skype dates and we dance together to his or my favorite songs.
        Ooorrrr, you can do the thing he wanted you to do! ha

Comment

I completely understand where you're coming from and where your boyfriend is coming from as well. I would advise you to make a list of fun but comfort zone pushing activities to do with him when he comes to visit you. Stay strong, my dear girl. <3

Comment

To be honest I don't agree with him. You have to do what you're comfortable with.
            Comfort zone? Most new theories of psychologies say that isn't good to go out from the comfort zone, but to get a bigger comfort zone.

If he loves you, he have to like you as you are, not to be tired of you, but to help you to try new things (like I do with my girlfriend when say to surf, to skateboard, etc..) not to force it or provocate, or fight.. that's just childish and mean that he haven't patiente and not accept as you are.

So you should say to him, that he have to involve you to do new things.
            Like when a boy want to make love with his girl, doesn't have to ask, to say.. but have to involve..

Comment

Working...
            X