Online Calendar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Calendar

I think this idea has been previously mentioned in the list of things for LDR couples to do, but I haven't seen anything that talks about details. Will and I made an online calendar together today. He's always getting frustrated about not remembering things that are going on in my crazy schedule, and now he has instant access to my calendar. It's easy to determine what events belong to each of us since it's color coded, and unlike a lot of calendars on computers that I've tried before, this one is fast and easy to add to. Both of us were able to add it to our phones as well! I saw several different versions of online calendars that multiple people could add to, but this is the best one I've found. They call it a family calendar, but it's perfect for what we wanted to use it for.

https://www.cozi.com/homeh.htm

I love this calender! I have one for myself! But I should add Ryan's schedule to it!

Comment

I added Will's email address to the members of the calendar, and now he can log in to see everything and add stuff. It's great!

Comment

Thanks for posting that calendar website! I was thinking an online calendar would be great for me and my SO for awhile now, pretty much since I read it on the "Things to do" list. But I didn't get around to making one.. this website looks cool. I added my SO's email to the calendar too.. though it's not letting me specify that the events (I was putting in my work schedule..) were mine.. I kept clicking only my name and saving it but it kept saving it as All.. haha.. must be a glitch.. perhaps it will fix itself or I will see what I did wrong in the morning.. or maybe, I don't know. It's still a cool calendar... though it would be even cooler if it could somehow allow me to write two times, for our two different timezones.. but I just wrote the times it would be in his time in the notes section!! I think this could work, it's even cool how you can make todo lists and have a journal and things, thanks so much for sharing!

EDIT: haha the thing now works to specify who's event it is yay maybe it's because i mentioned it in the feedback they asked me to write.

Comment

That's a great idea!

Especially for busy couples or students
          In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
          Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
          Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
          My dog Sam ♥

Comment

This is a good idea!
            I'll show it to my SO and maybe we can use it.
            Thanks! =]

Comment

That is a fantastic idea for sure. Thanks =)

Comment

Aaahh yesssssss, awesome, thank you for posting this! ^_____^

Comment

I'm so glad everyone found this useful! Glad I could help

Comment

Sweet! I just set one up and shared the details with my SO.

Comment

Thanks, this is pretty cool! Hopefully my SO and I will benefit from it. (Either way, I set one up because it's neat. )
                      sigpic

Comment

Yay! Just found this and can't wait to use it!
                        This will be great logging all our past dates together (giving us time to remember and talk about them) and also for countdowns and just keeping up with each others schedules!
                        Thanks much!!!

Comment

I just set one up! Thanks! I tried google calendar when we first went LD but it didn't work out too well. Hopefully this one does!

Comment

thanks so much for posting about this!

I set one up as soon as i saw the post. Its been about a week since then and it's really great! I work all kinds of different hours/days and my SO could never keep track. Now we have the calender he can just log in and have a look or check his weekly email from Cozi.
                            I can also keep track of what sporting events/other things hes got going on because i can never remember..

Only downside is that they only let you plan in one timezone :P
                            Met Online: February 2009
                            Feelings grew: January 2011
                            First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                            Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                            Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                            Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                            Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                            Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                            Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                            Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                            Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                            Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012