Books to read together....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Books to read together....

Hey all, this is my first post! I was just curious if anyone has some books that they've read together that they think really helped, I would love to hear about them! I know that books are kind of a personal taste, but I feel like there have got to be some books out there that have topics that help long distance couples feel a little bit better! I'm not talking about instructional books, or advice books...just normal fiction books, but maybe about a long distance relationship that was successful, or something romantic in the direction, whatever! I know people on this forum have more experience than I do, so I turn to you!

Best,
    Scott

Hmm I can only think of one book I've read that had a LDR in it, and that was Dear John. DON'T read it though!!!! It's soooo sad, and not what you're looking for. Will and I have read books together before but never focused on characters in a LDR. I found a series that I thought he'd like, and since I pretty much like anything, I read it also. The books are mysteries, but they're also really funny in parts. The first one is called Deal Breaker by Harlan Coben if you're interested. It's about a sports agent that gets into some crazy messes and ends up solving mysteries so it has pieces of sports in it too (not enough that you'd have to be into sports). We had a lot of fun talking about it. I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but maybe you could try reading books that you'd think both of you would enjoy and then talk about them as you go.

Comment

For his birthday, I got my guy this...https://www.amazon.com/Bliss-You-Tri...5954680&sr=1-2 (Don't mind the price, I got it for $5 in a discount bookstore). It's not about LDR's, but life and relationships with everyone in general. It was a wonderful, funny, inspirational, sweet read! We read together all night, snuggled up in bed, it was one of the nicest nights we've had He adored the book, it makes a very nice present for anyone you care about.
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
        For his birthday, I got my guy this...https://www.amazon.com/Bliss-You-Tri...5954680&sr=1-2 (Don't mind the price, I got it for $5 in a discount bookstore). It's not about LDR's, but life and relationships with everyone in general. It was a wonderful, funny, inspirational, sweet read! We read together all night, snuggled up in bed, it was one of the nicest nights we've had He adored the book, it makes a very nice present for anyone you care about.
        That sounds so wonderful.

Tho my SO would be passed out cold if I read to him. I just know it.
        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Working...
        X