Romantic/cute movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romantic/cute movies?

I thought it'd be cool to have a list of romantic, cute, lovey movies to watch together with your partner. ^^ I've been trying to come up with a list for Valentine's Day and could use some help. ^^;;

- 10 Things I Hate About You
    - A Walk To Remember
    - Bridget Jones' Diary
    - Fever Pitch
    - Ghost
    - Kate & Leopold
    - Lion King, The
    - Never Been Kissed
    - Notebook, The
    - Princess Bride, The
    - Sleepless in Seattle
    - Stardust
    - Titanic
    - Two Weeks Notice
    - UP
    - Wall-E
    - You've Got Mail

(I try to avoid movies that have infidelity included in the plot [ie. My Best Friend's Wedding, The Wedding Singer, The Wedding Planner] cuz I don't particularly find it romantic trying to steal someone's partner ^^;; There are some exceptions, but very few hehe)

(500) Days of Summer - I haven't seen this movie and I'm hesitant to add it to the list. I've been told about it and it's a different kind of romcom...
    Last edited by Alisz; February 7, 2010, 09:12 PM. Reason: Updated with suggestions :D

Steve and I loved "Up" and "Wall-e".

So fun being adults watching cartoons, and both have some love thrown in for good measure
    Just be glad we made it here alive
    On a spinning ball in the middle of space

Comment

I'm not too fond of romantic movies - when me and Jesse watch something together, it's more like American Psycho or Requiem For A Dream.

We saw Up in theaters, though, and I loved it. Oh, and The Lion King is an all-time favorite for both of us.

Comment

A Walk To Remember, is so sad but it's so romantic.
        And I'd recommend Up as well.
        [CENTER]

Comment

This is going to sound extremely weird, but the parallels (some pretty out there, some very close) were crazy between the protagonists in this movie and the relationship between me and my girlfriend. That movie is the Farrelly Brothers' Fever Pitch.
          Here are just a few:
          -The main character is a Red Sox fan, just like me.
          -The love interest is named Lindsey, although my girlfriend spells it differently.
          -The love interest is brought into the fold that is Red Sox Nation, i.e. my girlfriend.

It's such a nice movie, and everyone knows how it ends by now, because the Sox end up winning it all just as this movie came out. It's one of my favorite movies, and kind of a nice one to watch with the significant other.
          National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
          National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

I love Kate&Leopold and You've Got Mail.
            ... Oh, I wise George would watch 'lovie dovey' movies with me...

-cough- HONEY -cough-

Comment

We watched UP too and it's so adorable! ^^ Ray doesn't likes to watch movies over and over again (I can and do XD), but he'd make an exception for UP. We mostly watch zombie or comedy movies together, but we like the cute romantic movies too. It's nice to "cuddle" and "d'awww" at the cute parts together :3

Comment

My SO don't watch romantic movies with me at all, but I wish he did! Sleepless in Seattle and You've got Mail! Priceless!

Comment

I don't really like the sobby romantic films and I've only recently started to tolerate and watch romcoms... Good luck Chuck was ok with always supersexy Jessica Alba, The Wedding Crashers was pretty nice, I LOVE Owen Wilson lol. Mr. and Mrs. Smith was good, Brad is HOT! Lol! Can't think of any more.. Oh, one more, Shakespeare in Love, I liked it a lot (I'm a fan of Gwyneth lol).

My all time favourite classic movie and love story is of course GONE WITH THE WIND! That one never gets old (I've seen it some 20 times since I was 10 )

Comment

Up is a great date movie!!! My boyfriend and I saw it in 3D in the theaters, and we both laughed until we cried.

He doesn't really like "girly" movies, but he'll usually watch them with me if they are funny or meaningful to him.
                    Here are some of my favorites that he also enjoys:

The Wedding Singer- hmm.. I agree Alisz, I don't like ones that involve trying to take someone from their partner, but I never really thought about this one as fitting into that category. The people they are with are really horrible, and I don't remember any cheating happening???

50 First Dates

Amelie (Le fabulous destin de Amelie de Montmartre, I think that's what it was called in France)

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (one of my favorite movies of all time)

I enjoyed 500 Days of Summer, but I don't really think of it as a good Valentine's movie. It was kind of depressing for me.

Hmm... I keep thinking of others that have already been listed. This is a great list!

Comment

My boyfriend (who claims to love chick flicks in a "manly" way) asked me to just snuggle on the couch with him and watch romantic movies. Since I have to work for part of the day, we're only going to watch three, but here are the ones that we're watching. He hasn't seen any of them, so I'm excited!

- City of Angels
                      - Meet Joe Black
                      - The Lakehouse

Some we enjoy are...

- Ladyhawk
                      - Ever After
                      - Beauty and the Beast
                      - Pretty in Pink
                      - Dirty Dancing (Don't know if this would qualify as "stealing" a lover away, but I'm a dancer and LOVE this movie)

Comment

Ooooh I used to love Dirty Dancing when I was a kid, Patrick Swayze was hot!

Comment

Oh my goodness, I know! I always wanted a guy to be able to twirl me around like that! X3

Comment

Alex and I love watching classic disney and kids films! Last film we watched together was horton hears a who! XD

Comment

I learnt to dance pretty much the same way Baby did in Dirty Dancing. My teacher was super hot too. I used to have a HUGE thing for him but now we're just friends. :P

Comment

Working...
                              X