12 days of Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 days of Christmas

So with Christmas looming ahead I was thinking of making him a "12 days of Christmas" care package.

I'm thinking that for the 12 days leading up to Christmas he will have a box or envelope to open with a letter or poem in it and maybe a small gift? Then on Christmas day he'll have his main pressies to open I'm the sort of person who loves buying silly novelty gifts and also thought it would be a great way for him to have something from me, as we can't be together over the Christmas period!

Has anyone ever done anything like this?

Any ideas would be really welcome

How about a Christmas string? Like this: https://66.70.71.71/images/candycanegstring-c.jpg
    Last edited by NaNi; October 26, 2010, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NaNi View Post
      How about a Christimas string? Like this: https://66.70.71.71/images/candycanegstring-c.jpg
      Hehe love this!! Lol not sure how much he'd like it tho, I'll take a look in my local Ann summers hopefully they'll have something similar

Thanx hun

Comment

one of the letters could have a pic of u dressed as mrs.clause? ha just an idea, dont know how close u are with that stuff and such

Comment

Originally posted by true_survivor_586 View Post
          one of the letters could have a pic of u dressed as mrs.clause? ha just an idea, dont know how close u are with that stuff and such
          Ooh like this idea he'll love it too thanx

Comment

I've started making personalised stationary so that each letter has something festive and creative on it he's really supportive of my craftiness so I know he will love it

Comment

Love the idea! My mom and I actually did that for my family one year and we bought lots of goodies from the dollar store and then some bigger ones for the 12th day, it was a lot of fun

Madly in love with Michael

Comment

Originally posted by hxcbreakdance View Post
                Love the idea! My mom and I actually did that for my family one year and we bought lots of goodies from the dollar store and then some bigger ones for the 12th day, it was a lot of fun
                Kl glad to see someone else has done it, im getting lots of little gifts as well, ive decided that with certain gifts for example a lynard skynard keyring im going to include 10 interesting facts about about that band because i know how much he likes the band, and on another day im going to give him a stocking full of sweets as he loves sweets and poundland sells them nice and cheap so im really excited about this christmas

Comment

You could make him an advent-calender. They're really common in Germany. Instead of just 12 days it's 24 days, from Dec 1st to Christmas Eve.

Comment

This sounds like a great idea!! I am going to see him this Christmas but I'm kinda financially challenged lol...What ideas did you have for gifts? I'm not really sure what to get

Comment

Well im trying to stick to themes on each day so a few examples:

Day one: Young at heart (because i love that he is very young at heart)

Toys from our youth from the local hawkins bazaar, a slinky, a water pistol, a paper glider, a yo-yo and some fake moustaches all came to about £3

Day Seven: Golf (He loves to play golf)

Golfers mints, chocolate golf balls, golf tees, and a golf lovers gift set

Day nine: Box of kisses (an idea i got off the forums on here )

A handmade box with hersheys kisses inside

For his actual presents ive got so far a dvd of a G3 gig where three of his favourite guitar soloists perform, an iron maiden wallet, a tin of megadeth guitar picks, 2 band t-shirts, an i tune voucher (he loves his bands incase you hadnt noticed lol)

Ive been strapped for cash too but ive been doing overtime and buying a little each week, and ive made my own xmas stationary using xmas stamps from my craft box so its a big task but getting there lol

Comment

Originally posted by Talent_2 View Post
                        Well im trying to stick to themes on each day so a few examples:

Day one: Young at heart (because i love that he is very young at heart)

Toys from our youth from the local hawkins bazaar, a slinky, a water pistol, a paper glider, a yo-yo and some fake moustaches all came to about £3

Day Seven: Golf (He loves to play golf)

Golfers mints, chocolate golf balls, golf tees, and a golf lovers gift set

Day nine: Box of kisses (an idea i got off the forums on here )

A handmade box with hersheys kisses inside

For his actual presents ive got so far a dvd of a G3 gig where three of his favourite guitar soloists perform, an iron maiden wallet, a tin of megadeth guitar picks, 2 band t-shirts, an i tune voucher (he loves his bands incase you hadnt noticed lol)

Ive been strapped for cash too but ive been doing overtime and buying a little each week, and ive made my own xmas stationary using xmas stamps from my craft box so its a big task but getting there lol
                        Sounds WONDERFUL!!!! Great ideas....take pictures
                        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

I will do! its a huge project and quite over whelming now ive started it lol but he deserves to be spoiled he is so good to me.

Just got to work out cheapest way to send it once its all put together :S

Comment

Awww. that sounds great, can't wait to see pictures

Comment

This is such a great idea! I'm gonna try to do something similar for my Issac

Comment

Working...
                              X