IMVU!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMVU!

I'm not sure if anyone has ever posted something about IMVU, and I haven't come across anything, so I'm posting one now! And I figured I'd put in the 18+ forum, because I believe you have to be 18 to join.
    Nolan and I have enjoyed having it the past couple of days. As much as it's NOT the same as being together, it's kind of nice to pretend that we are. You can talk to your SO in private, or go out and meet new people with them. We're able to make our characters hug and kiss, and even cuddle and whatnot in certain areas. It's just kind of a nice thing for us to have... something we can do together without actually having to be together. And I find it to be pretty fun

Anywho...
    Has anyone tried the chat? I know it's posted under the '97 Things to do From a Distance' page on the main site. And I know some people have probably even MET their SO's on IMVU, so it would be interesting to hear what everyone thinks about it.
    [CENTER]"To truly love something, you must first give it a chance to fail. If it survives, it is going to be stronger than ever. Distance is pure proof of this, and forever we will love if we survive."

*cough cough* nobody? really? hmm...
    [CENTER]"To truly love something, you must first give it a chance to fail. If it survives, it is going to be stronger than ever. Distance is pure proof of this, and forever we will love if we survive."

Comment

You have to be like 13 I think, because I joined for like 3 days back in Grade 10-11... It's fun and all, but I don't like that you have to pay for it :P

Comment

I met my SO on IMVU!!

Also, you don't have to be 18 to sign up.

IMVU is lots of fun. It can also be a pain. You're meeting random people from all over the world, so of course you're going to run into jerks. But as long as you know that going in, you can have tons of fun. Like lilybear said, you can either go into a private chat or into a public room. It's a 3D chatting environment. You have an avatar that you can personalize by purchasing things from the store. IMVU runs on credits. You can either purchase credits or earn them by taking surveys and such on the website. You can also purchase different rooms to have as "Your Room" which is where you go when you have private chats. So you and your SO can have avatars that look like you and buy your dream home to decorate and chat in. You can also purchase different poses and animations to really "cuddle" and other things of a more naughty nature (if you purchase ap or access pass, which you do have to be 18 to have)

I met my SO in a public chat room that was set as a club. At first I was wary of IMVU and all things internet. I was afraid of being targeted and hunted down (real paranoid). My first day on IMVU, I went into a few rooms and was not impressed with the people I met. The rooms I visited had a small amount of people in them and it was difficult to get into conversation with anyone. I logged off and went back to playing the sims. A few days later I was bored and decided to give it another shot. So I logged back on and stumbled upon a chat room with a few people in it. They were kind and welcomed me and included me in their conversation. One of these people was an 22 year old English guy. He was funny and charming and I was drawn to him. I enjoyed my time in the room and got a long with the "regulars" so I went back.

Eventually I found myself as a "regular". I made lots of great friends and got to know my SO really well. Eventually he asked me "to be his" and things went from there.

I'll go ahead and talk about how me and my SO used IMVU to maybe give other people ideas... We picked out a private room together, a house, and I set it and a open unlisted room. Basically, it's a public room, but it isn't listed in the room list. To enter it, you have to have the link from the room owner. This way either of us could enter without having to wait for an invite from the other. We would leave IMVU running all night and "sleep together" on the bed. We also had a IMVU wedding, dorky, but fun. It got a little old and now we sleep together on skype instead, which we like a lot more. So I'm not on very much anymore. However, IMVU will always hold a special place in our lives for bringing us together.

This was kind of long, but I have lots of experience with IMVU. ^_^
        First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

@sabby64:
          I didn't have to pay for it, plus I got free credits to start (to buy things and whatnot). The only thing you would have to pay for is if you want to have more credits to buy stuff. I just think it's a good place to go to talk to your SO. Just like a regular chat, only with 3d characters ^^

@5000miles:
          That is so cuute!! For some reason, I thought you had to be 18 or older. haha my bad. But yeah.. idk, we just like going in there and chatting and spending time together and whatnot. We use it when we're not on skype, because it's just like a regular chatroom thing. But I mostly just use it for him

I feel like such a dork for liking it so much. haha

Comment

You're not a dork for loving it, I love it too! I'm trying to work my way back into it so I can be on more often. I miss meeting new random people and laughing at ridiculous things. I'll PM you.
            First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

very cute stories!
              NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

I love imvu now, i never heard of it until i join lFAD, now i can have fun in my spare time and chat with ppl. I want my So to join but he cant because he works 12 hours a day and his sleeping quarters is a motel, he only has a ipod touch and idk how that work getting on imvu on a small device, but when he comes back, im a thinkin hes gonna join me in imvu <3
                Finally happy and at peace with her man Timmy

Comment

I met my SO on IMVU as well! We still go on there daily together. We are currently planning our IMVU wedding (it's dorky as someone else said but it's fun and you really get to know one another through it.) We both love all the different poses you can do, from cuddling to kissing and if you have AP (we both do) it gets even more fun.

My SO told me that the night we met he was about to delete his account on there. Then he met me and he's glad he didn't. As am I. IMVU will forever hold a special place in our memories.

Comment

I joined once just cause I was curious. Either my computer is too slow for it or it wasn't working but I kept ending up in corners and pools and could never find where all the people were to talk to. When I tried to walk I would just sit there. Looks like it would be a neat way to interact with your SO when it works though..

Comment

Cute stories
                      Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart.

I love you soooo much Luke

Comment

I met my SO in IMVU! Like almost 2 years ago. But IMVU started to be boring for us, so we just use skype now.

Comment

I've tried IMVU before.. but I've been using secondlife more because there is a LOT more free avatar customization options. I think because of this thread though, I'll try it again. Someone I roomed with at a con was playing it.. might as well, rite?

Comment

Working...
                          X