Care Packages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Care Packages?

Hey all! (Again, just to re-introduce myself.. I am new to the site, 24 and in a LDR with the love of my life..

My question is about care packages. I have really been thinking about preparing and sending one. My SO and I send cards weekly and he always sends me flowers.. I feel like I've been really been slacking in showing him how much I appreciate him and reciprocating.

I'm starting at the beginning with my knowledge of care packages, lol. How much do they send to cost? How soon do they get there? What do I even put in it!? (Like I said, I really am clueless. This is so new to me!) He has just been so great lately that I'd like to surprise him with something really sweet and thoughtful.

Any opinions/experiences/thoughts would be appreciated SOOO much!

TIA!
    Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

Hello!

This topic has been covered a bunch:

https://members.lovingfromadistance....mp-Inspiration

https://members.lovingfromadistance....-Care-Packages

Hope those help you! (you can search for these kinds of topics in the upper right hand corner there is a search box)
    As for cost and time, that all depends where you send from and to and how heavy your package is

Cheers

Comment

I've never sent a care package before, but I've always thought of sending one. As mllebamako said, it will all depend what you want to send, how big the box is, where you're sending it from and where you're sending it to.

Those topics above will really help!

Is there a special occiasion coming up that you thought a care package would be perfect for? What were you thinking of sending?
      [CENTER]

Comment

Oooo thank you! Those links were very helpful!! They gave me so many great ideas!!

I'm in IL and he is in AZ...

Now I'm just trying to figure out which would be the cheapest way to send????!!
        Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

Comment

The cheapest way to send is USPS. They have those boxes (theyre all different sizes) that ship for a set price. I think the smallest one starts at $4. If you can fit it in, no matter what it is, it ships.
          ~Maria

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Meat View Post
            The cheapest way to send is USPS. They have those boxes (theyre all different sizes) that ship for a set price. I think the smallest one starts at $4. If you can fit it in, no matter what it is, it ships.
            Flat-rate boxes are definitely the way to go with US domestic shipping. Small is $4.95, medium is $10.70, and large is $14.50. There is a weight limit, though, but I don't think you'll be shipping anything over 70lbs.

The USPS website has a pretty good list about what you can and cannot ship, and it's posted in all post offices as well. Also, if you're not sending anything personal (correspondence, photos, etc), but just a book, you can send it media rate, which depending on the weight of the book, is a LOT cheaper. We're talking like, $1-$2.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

Yes flat rate is the way to go, if you plan on sending a lot *i send one every other week* then you can go to the usps websight and they will send you whatever size box for free, if you cant figure it out send me a message and ill ask my mom
              My next package ideas are...
              KIDDing around- gonna put some stuff i played with when i was a kid in there and candy...i.e. silly putty , Majic grow capules (trucks cause he does transportation) they are thing look like a pill you put in water and they turn into a little sponge
              Southern Sweet heart- Im from mississippi and i know he misses the south dearly *Cause were awesome* so im sending him tea and sugar *to make his own diabetic sweet tea*, duck tape*cause it fixes everything*, and found some a&w ice pops*in the plastic he can freeze when he gets them*
              um thats all i have right now, and of course add ur touch, google it, you will find a ton of stuff

Comment

Thank you all for the advice! I ordered my boxes online just now. I got the variety pack to start out with. I figured it would be nice to see all the sizes that are available. I had no idea they would just send them to my door for FREE! I'm so excited to get started on his package. Wow. That sounded bad.

You know what I mean!

Thanks everyone!
                Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

Comment

LOL That's hilarious. Good luck!!

Comment

Working...
                  X