Alphabet Date Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alphabet Date Ideas

So I randomly suggested to my SO that we should have Alphabet Dates and he was like what's that. 26 letters 26 dates spread through out the weeks of course...Our official date night is Sun evening so on those night we would do something that started with the letter of the day. A-Anime B-Books- we are reading a book together so we could take turns reading parts C-coloring lol because you are never too old to color....Problem is I've run out of ideas after that :-p so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

That's such a lovely idea! I might make a little list of mine now, thanks for the idea (:
    What letters do you need help with?
    [CENTER]

Comment

Umm here's just some ideas off of the top of my head:
      S=Scrapbooking!!! YAY!!! (one of my favorite activities). You can make a game out of it by using the same pictures and seeing who can come up with the most creative game
      M=Monopoly! If you both have monopoly you can play the game via-sGokype by moving eachothers pieces, etc.
      Y=Same thing with the game Yahtzee
      K=You can both attempt to knit and give eachother 3 weeks to make something for one another. Learning new activites together is so much fun!
      "Insert Movie Title Here"=Use your favorite movie and watch it together, something preferably corny so you can make jokes with one another
      Z=Zoo! Go to the Internet Zoo together (it might not work on your computer...it's kinda spotty)
      V=Volunteer at a same(ish) place together like a soup kitchen or retirement home. It's not really romantic but you're doing it together
      G=Google!!! Spend a night looking for really random stuff and seeing all Google has to offer!
      P=Pictureomania! Take lots of pictures and mess with them on the computer using editing and photoshopping and make a collage to show eachother

And that's about it for now...if I think of anything else I'll post again! Good luck! It sounds like a lot of fun! I might totally steal this idea from you!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowy.Winter View Post
        That's such a lovely idea! I might make a little list of mine now, thanks for the idea (:
        What letters do you need help with?
        Lol well everything after C I have a few ideas but I'm trying to just have options because he isn't very creative and its usually just him going along with whatever I come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by nic&matt View Post
          Umm here's just some ideas off of the top of my head:
          S=Scrapbooking!!! YAY!!! (one of my favorite activities). You can make a game out of it by using the same pictures and seeing who can come up with the most creative game
          M=Monopoly! If you both have monopoly you can play the game via-sGokype by moving eachothers pieces, etc.
          Y=Same thing with the game Yahtzee
          K=You can both attempt to knit and give eachother 3 weeks to make something for one another. Learning new activites together is so much fun!
          "Insert Movie Title Here"=Use your favorite movie and watch it together, something preferably corny so you can make jokes with one another
          Z=Zoo! Go to the Internet Zoo together (it might not work on your computer...it's kinda spotty)
          V=Volunteer at a same(ish) place together like a soup kitchen or retirement home. It's not really romantic but you're doing it together
          G=Google!!! Spend a night looking for really random stuff and seeing all Google has to offer!
          P=Pictureomania! Take lots of pictures and mess with them on the computer using editing and photoshopping and make a collage to show eachother

And that's about it for now...if I think of anything else I'll post again! Good luck! It sounds like a lot of fun! I might totally steal this idea from you!
          Thanks for the suggestions! Go for it there aren't a lot of options when you are LD lol. Plus you guys can be creative and its not the usual movie night even though I do love those.

Comment

I'll have to think about some suggestions when I'm more awake. I just wanted to say that I think your idea is awesome! I think he and I have been in a rut lately with our dates and keep choosing to plug away at episodes of a series we both enjoy...but maybe that isn't so special anymore, because it's somehow now our go-to thing (and has also become something we do quite regularly when we run out of things to say, instead of committing to a special date once a week like we used to). What you suggested is a perfect way to generate some ideas together (and be creative about how they can be done from a distance) and keep some of the dates fresh and fun (plus, if we don't like something...then there's a new letter and date for the next time!).

Comment

LOVE this post!! Awesome idea =)

Comment

D: dancing, find and instructive video on youtube and learn the same dance, skype and laugh at eachother
                E: eating- cook the same meal and eat it at the same time!
                F: fantasy- create your own story by going back and forth adding parts
                G: game night: online games!
                H:
                I: Imagination: make and imaginary home either online or drawing
                J: jack and jill: spend the day reading eachother childhood rhymes and book, venture into talking about the details of your childhood
                K: kings day: do what HE wants to OR karoke night: skype and sing your favorite songs with youtube karoke versions
                L:
                M: movie night: what the same movie at the same time, text throughout it
                N:
                O: open up and share all your secret. play a game of truth or dare, just spill out!

Just some ideas!
                Love your idea btw!
                Made me think of this ol' song:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wNJQebp08Q
                ~"Happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them"~

Comment

Working...
                X