Scavenger Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scavenger Hunt

Well I saw a couple ideas for photo scavenger hunts, but tonight I came up with a text scavenger hunt just for my SO....pretty much just because. I don't know how many of you are into the whole idea of setting up a scene online with your SO. Me and my boyfriend do it quite often, especially when the other has been out all day, one will leave a little message saying something like "*Cleans up the place and puts out the candles, grabbing your favorite movie and some snacks for when you get home*" Or whatever...so taking that, I left him a little note "on his desk" to get him started.

Basicly, what I did was I started on the messenger that we both use most often (AIM, in our case). From AIM I gave him clues to hop onto MSN and YIM, then different email accounts, facebook, etc. Each clue is numbered so that he knows he's on the right track.

At each "spot" I left a little memory about where he was. For example, when he was in uni he'd always send me emails from his MSN account at the student computer lab. Soooo...one of my clues led him to the "computer lab" (his MSN account), another one I told him to go look at "my space" in the basement for his next clue. I told him something special, or left something for him to "bring" to our final destination. In one place I listed our movies, telling him to pick one and things. I set up my last clue on skype so when he pops on I can call him right away for whatever movie he picked and we can have a nice date night in.

I'll let you guys know how it goes!

Great idea!

Comment

Wow I totally forgot that I posted this!! He loved the surprise and said he felt all close to me after getting through all the clues and memmories. BUT he did have a little trouble woth a few clues...the ones I sent to his MSN email came up as blank messages and things...so make sure they have a way to contact you if they get stuck!

We didnt get in a movie or biiig date night, though. He was exhausted when he got home, but it still led to some nice conversation before bed

Comment

That's a nice idea.
        "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
        a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
        which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
        - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
        regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
        The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
        - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

I did a Scavenger Hunt with hiding envelopes in his room when I was there (behind the paintings, under the mattress, glued on the back of the mirror) and than when I got back to home I texted him week by week when he can find them. Each of them was contains some small present like a comic about us, a love letter, things that I love about him etc. He was like a little kid always wanted to know where's the next one If you can be alone at his place when you are together (my boyfriend was at school) you can easily arrange it, you just need some envelopes a pen and some creativity Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Flora View Post
            I did a Scavenger Hunt with hiding envelopes in his room when I was there (behind the paintings, under the mattress, glued on the back of the mirror) and than when I got back to home I texted him week by week when he can find them. Each of them was contains some small present like a comic about us, a love letter, things that I love about him etc. He was like a little kid always wanted to know where's the next one If you can be alone at his place when you are together (my boyfriend was at school) you can easily arrange it, you just need some envelopes a pen and some creativity Have fun!
            Wow, now that's a good idea too, a scavenger hunt for after you've left, I've never thought of doing that before...
            Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
            First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCat View Post
              Wow, now that's a good idea too, a scavenger hunt for after you've left, I've never thought of doing that before...
              yep, I wanted to do something that reminds him of me So this way I was always around him someway and he really liked it

Comment

aww this is such a cute idea. for our anniversary he sent me a letters and also one of them was a treasure hunt. It says "Follow these clues and see where it leads you" I thought i knew what the answer was, but then he confused me saying it can be online a website or password, or it can be a object or place, and compeltly threw me off.... now i have no clue lol
                Im going to stick to my original guess for now tho and see if i get the next clue soon.
                I love you Nathan <3
                sigpic
                5/25/09 <3

Comment

Working...
                X