Making a memories scrapbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making a memories scrapbook

Last month, my boyfriend, Chris, and I just celebrated our 2nd anniversary. I'm realizing that as time goes on, it gets harder to remember all the little things that brought us together in the beginning...I also wanted to come up with a good gift idea for next year. We met on Ragnarok Online and constantly had inside jokes.

So I was thinking of putting together a scrapbook of our relationship so far. I could print out the screenshots I have from when we use to play RO together all the time, add dates and little titles or phrases. Then I could include inside jokes we had, printouts of some of our old conversations I saved, the first photos we sent to each other, pictures and tickets from when he came to see me for the first time. Almost like it's a record of our ldr so far. I could keep adding to it as we go through new things together.

What do you guys think?

I think it's a really good idea I'm doing something similar to keep me distracted when missing him )

Comment

Sounds like a good idea - I really want to make one for our 2nd anniversary. Well, it I really want to make one, and that's the next thing that's coming up! One of the other members (I think it was Elena??) posted about this on the old site, and put up this link: https://www.making-mini-scrapbooks.c...minialbum.html

Although, if you want to keep adding to it, then perhaps you're thinking of something a little bit bigger?? Good luck with it!

Comment

Yeah, I'm most likely going to keep adding to it. The thing is, I'm trying to decide whether to do it online or actually go out and get a scrapbook-type book. The scrapbook might be a better idea since it'll be more personal if I'm writing things and sticking things in it.

Comment

Originally posted by woop woop View Post
          Sounds like a good idea - I really want to make one for our 2nd anniversary. Well, it I really want to make one, and that's the next thing that's coming up! One of the other members (I think it was Elena??) posted about this on the old site, and put up this link: https://www.making-mini-scrapbooks.c...minialbum.html

Although, if you want to keep adding to it, then perhaps you're thinking of something a little bit bigger?? Good luck with it!
          Oh I love the project in the link!! I think I'll make him a bday card like that! xD <3

Comment

Sounds like something I did for my SO, we first met where he worked and we started talking through email and instant messages for a couple weeks until we went on our first date. For our one year anniversary I printed out the emails and IM conversations and made them into a book, we each have one. We always look through them and have to laugh and we were amazed that we used to be able to sit on the computer for like six hours and have an IM conversation...oh the days of being a college student in the summer how I miss all that free time haha

Comment

I've made Rane two mini sb's. The first one was right after our first visit. Second was for Valentines day this year. I put them both on Flickr, but so far only the first one has come up. If you want to see it, clicky

I'm a digital scrapper (few examples), but mini albums can be fun too.

I think it's a great idea, especially if he's the type of guy that will appreciate a handmade gift.

Comment

So I started one for the SO our very first v-day together. I used a 3 ring binder and place things in sheet protectors. That way I just send him the new pages and he slips them in. I just buy colored computer paper and construction paper. Then I just paste the pictures and use the colored paper as decorations. Sometimes I use stickers or other things. I put EVERYTHING in there! =] Our pictures, I printed some chats, emails, I've even taken pictures of text messages and used those pictures. I printed lyrics of songs that remind us of us, and used just certain lines around some of the photos. I made a list of 'days to remember' like the day we met, our first date, first kiss, day we officially started dating. I write everything down too, usually one of the love letters I send and he adds it. But if we do something and it means a lot I'll write it down very detailed and descriptive so we'll never forget! =D Our anniversary I sent all the pics of stuff from last V-Day until then. I keep every little thing and add it. All my plane tickets, baggage tags, etc. I usually paste them on the page first then past pics over it, just to add a little something to the page. I keep pamphlets from things we do. I added a map from the day we spend in St. Louis. I keep movie tickets, receipts of things we do together, I even kept the empty pack of gum he gave me those first 2 weeks we had together. =D Inside jokes definitely! Anything and everything! I put it.

The SO loved it, he was shocked at the time I put in, but it keeps me busy and it keeps my mind off of being miserable that he's away. I think he looks forward to new stuff, he never knows when it will come or what it will be. I'm sure your SO will LOVE IT!!!

Comment

Oh wow BJL_Sweetheart, that's a great idea to keep adding to it. I was going to make the mini one as I've never done one before, and I doubt my ability to actually finish a larger one! And I have a short attention span. I had never thought of doing a digital one, but I like things, and I don't trust digital files to last the way paper does. I think the nicest thing is that you can look back on them in years to come.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Thanks for all the neat ideas! Now I just need to go out and find one that looks perfect for us!

Comment

I've actually been wanting to do this for my SO and I for a while. I think this post has inspired me to actually finally do it!

Comment

Wow Garnet! Looking at your examples makes my scrapbook look very humble indeed! My version is much more old school, everything is glued into my book, I've handwritten quotes and special messages BUT I would love to know what software you use or whether you can give me any tips for digital scrapbooking.

Thanking you in advance!

Also I see from your post that you got married three days ago! My warmest congratulations, I wish you and your husband long lives of love, luck and laughter!

Comment

Working...
                          X