Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And in the personals column, there was this letter I read...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And in the personals column, there was this letter I read...

We all get to the point were we don't know what to say or do that is original anymore. My boyfriend effectively cured this problem once with the following, and I wanted to share the idea with others that may be stuck for ideas as well.

So one of the best Facebook messages I ever woke up to from my SO was a personal ad.
    Although I'm sure he would roll his eyes at me sharing this I want to give ya'll an example.

"Uniquely handsome graduate assistant professor of ******* seeks brilliant and beautiful woman. Must enjoy intelligent conversation and romantic showers. Accent a plus. Must want to love each other more and more everyday. Preference given to individuals with initials ***. Apply ASAP."

It was such a fun and sweet gesture that I responded immediately with an application of my own. I am showing some parts of it here (some parts must be left out for privacy's sake)

[B]Name:[/B] Tara

Hobbies: Engaging conversations, debate, intellectual stimulation, physical stimulation from a sexy professor, cuddling, Facebook stalking, listening to NPR in the car with bearded individuals, starting the day with a lust driven shower and ending it with a romantic one.

Physical Appearance:

Goals: To finish my MPA degree, find a job, develop an inner peace through spiritual and intellectual means, and most importantly, spend the rest of my life with the man who accepts my application.

What I Desire in a Man: Capacity for great love, intelligence, ambition, a mouth that can stop my rambling with just a kiss, determination, strength of soul and mind and body, a sharp wit, the ability to grow a beard, and eyes that can’t hide his brilliant loving nature.

Why pick me?: I will make the man who accepts my application the happiest man on earth by loving him unconditionally, respecting who he is both good (mostly) and bad (miniscule), being his comfort and inspiration at all times, helping him to meet his goals in life and career by supporting whatever path he takes.

I hope the speedy delivery of my application will convince you to take me into serious consideration. I believe we could have an amazing life together, the kind that most people only get to dream about. I look forward to further correspondence from you with great anticipation.

Your Future,

Name

He was especially touched by my thoughtful answer to his ad. I recently sent him an laminated copy of this to hold on to in a care package so he would remember just how much I love him. (And because we have both filled out so many job applications recently that it just seemed to go with the theme of the semester....lol)

I think this is a fun idea for anyone to try out, and in this economy it is a sure fire way to make sure one of your applications is accepted and you get the best job ever!

What a cute idea! I might have to try this out on my boyfriend :-) Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Oh, that's cute!
      "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
      a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
      which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
      - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
      regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
      The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
      - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

That's sweet...I love it..
        Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

Working...
        X