Restuarants with paper table cloths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restuarants with paper table cloths

Okay, I didn't really know where to post this, but it was something fun I got to do when I was visiting my boyfriend. While I was there we accidently went to one of those restaurants that cover the tables with paper and they give you crayons so you can draw all over it. We had so much fun doing that together, and after we finished eating he folded up the table cloth for me to take home. Once I got back home, I trimmed all the edges and I hung it up in my room. It's not the most beautiful piece of artwork in the world (lol), but it makes me smile and reminds me of how much fun we had together while I was there. I didn't know if someone had already posted something like this, but it's a really cute idea. Even if you don't hang it up, it'd be fun to bring home so you can pull it out and look at it

I used to serve at a restaurant that had paper table cloths, I loved seeing what people would leave behind. Some are so creative!

Comment

Yeah I love those! There's this pizza place we go to that has those, and they cut out the nicer/more creative drawings, or kids' drawings to put up on the wall. They change the displays often, so it makes their guests feel like they're a part of something. (:

Comment

That's neat! I have never been to a restaurant like that and my SO tends to go to really formal places. I would definitely be down with some drawing on the table! It's a nice way to show your playful side.

Comment

That is a really cool idea! My SO and I don't go out to eat very often, but I think it would be so much fun to get to do this.
          "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
          Made it official: September 17, 2010
          Got engaged: January 15, 2012
          Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
          Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
          Got married: November 21, 2012
          Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
          Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Aww, I've never seen/heard of a restaurant like that here in Finland so I've never done that Sounds really cute and a lot of fun though

Comment

Thats cool...I dont think we have that kind of restaurant here tho....

Comment

I've never seen anything like that! Gotta start spreading the word, that looks like so much fun!

Comment

very cute idea! Thanks for sharing!
                  NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

We've done that once, it was actually somewhere quite nice, but they still used paper... The server actually picked up three crayons and wrote his name upside-down (so it was facing towards us) on the paper when he introduced himself. I imagine it would take a bit of practice I don't remember what we drew, but I know we didn't keep it. We should next time though.
                    Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
                    First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Yeah, that's the only problem with those places, I have no idea how to find them just by looking online or what have you. I havn't come across many restaurants like that, I think I've been to two total.
                      And yeah, it was a fairly nice place that we went to. It was super fun though. I guess if you couldn't find a restaurant, you could cook dinner for your SO and buy some butcher paper, or something like that to cover your own dining table? Idk, just an idea

Comment

That is the sweetest! I love stuff like that.

Thanks for sharing!
                        Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

Comment

That is too cute! I wanna do that!

First Met Online: October 2010
                          First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
                          Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
                          First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
                          Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
                          Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
                          Engaged!: June 1, 2013
                          Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

My b/f and I did that once. I wish I had kept it. He's a physicist, and we had a rather lengthy discussion on astrophysics and Einstein's theories. The tablecloth ended up covered in equations and diagrams. It was amusing when another waiter (not the one we had that night, and commented on what we were doing). It was quite funny.

I look forward to doing something like that again, next time I see him.

Comment

omgosh! I wish there were restaurants here that had that kind of thing! I'm an artist so I know I'd have tons of fun!!

Comment

Working...
                              X