The best movies for couples?.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best movies for couples?.......

I'm going to see my SO at the end of July and since I have a small dvd case I would love to bring some movies with me again.

So my question is: What are your favorite movies to watch with your SO?

We have been watching quite a few studio ghibli movies because he loves them but I know nothing about them, so makes very interesting conversation topics. They're also in a language neither of us understands, which can be pretty fun. (:

Comment

I actually have a list with films I want to watch with my boyfriend on my blog for him.
      Some of them I have on DVD, but we need to buy/rent most of them, because he doesn't really understand German (or English) so my DVDs are mostly useless for him.
      Anyway:
      - Before Sunrise
      - Moulin Rouge
      - Dancer In The Dark
      - A Land Before Time
      - The Piano
      - The Notebook (we've watched that one already)

I think it could be a good idea, if you could find German films (The Edukators, Complete Idiot, Good Bye Lenin, Sun Avenue? ...) with English subtitles. Some of them are quite good and she probably wouldn't have occasion to watch them otherwise.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

We watch Star Wars together...not sure that's what you're looking for though

Comment

one of the most romantic movies, that my SO recommended to me and is just a good romance, is "The notebook" its such a sweet love story. then theres titanic. and also the movie called "follow your heart" all those 3 i would say are really good! tear jerker, fall in love romance
          I love you Nathan <3
          sigpic
          5/25/09 <3

Comment

P.S. I love you. My fave.
            NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

I watch tear-jerker movies. Nicholas Sparks' novels adapted to movies. Nights in Rodanthe, A Walk to Remember, The Notebook, The Last Song, and my fave Dear John.
              If you like movies about LDR, try watching Going the Distance. Really funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Karringtyn View Post
                P.S. I love you. My fave.
                yeah right,,very heart captivating,,,you will cry....hehehe

but when were together we love to watch TAGALOG MOVIE's...coz I want him to learn our culture more since he was BORN AMERICAN but by BLOOD he is a true filipino....
                dianelovesjeremy

Comment

P.S I Love You makes me cry as well

I don't really know what the best couple movie is for us, I know he's not that much into the romantic movies, and we'd both probably rather see a good comedy or action film. We do go and see a lot of movies together. But I guess our 'couple' movie is actually The Lion King, because it's what brought us together originally, lol. So I do like watching that with him. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside :P
                  Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
                  First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

i didn't like "going the distance" there were some things i thought were funny, and they did capture that LDR are hard, but over all i think this was one of drew barrymores worst film.
                    I did like "dear john" tho, i thought that was good, but i was upset with her towards the end! Won't say why so i don't ruin anything, but its a good movie.
                    I love you Nathan <3
                    sigpic
                    5/25/09 <3

Comment

Dear John is one of my favorites! ^^
                      "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
                      a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
                      which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
                      - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
                      regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
                      The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
                      - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

Originally posted by 13000km View Post
                        We have been watching quite a few studio ghibli movies because he loves them but I know nothing about them, so makes very interesting conversation topics. They're also in a language neither of us understands, which can be pretty fun. (:
                        Yeah! Studio Ghibli for the WIN! Totoro is our favourite :P

We also LOVE Disney movies... Especially The Lion King (because we started calling each other Simba and Nala for some reason... lol) But any are good haha. They bring back awesome childhood memories, and also most of them he has only seen in Spanish, so seeing them in English is a new experience for him ^.^

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
                        -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                        \

Comment

We watch quite a lot of comedies, like Jim Carrey (Ace Venturas, Liar Liar,...) and Mr. Bean x) They're awesome And also some animated films too like Toy Story and Madagascar

..and Sam says Cool Runnings It is pretty good
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yAeLtIDBJI

Comment

We watch pretty much everything we both love movies! If you're looking for a romance though, Remember Me is one that my SO and I actually agree on lol. I've heard a lot of people don't like it but I personally love it!

Madly in love with Michael

Comment

I've just bought "Babe" today, so we can watch it together. Haha.
                              But to be fair I love pigs (they're my absolute favourite animals ever) and it had Polish subtitles. I'm going to force my boyfriend through it

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Working...
                              X