dear west coast americans :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dear west coast americans :)

i'm going to be visiting my boyfriend this summer, and i would really like to take him somewhere for his birthday, perhaps in california.
    my idea was to buy him and me plane tickets and book a hotel for two nights, and maybe go to some theme park or something.

i was basically hoping that someone could give me a few tips or suggestions on where to go, i was thinking maybe legoland, but i really have no clue of what one can find in california.

he's 18, he doesn't really like going on trips with a full full schedule, and he keeps saying that it doesn't matter where we go, as long as he's with me <3 (that's not much help though)

my budged bor the both of us would be like 600-700 dollars or a bit more if the place is really worth it.

pleeeease give me some ideas if you can, and thank you

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Disneyland!!! There are some cheap accommodations right down the street from there as well.

Comment

I would suggest disney land too, or santa cruz beach boardwalk. That place is fun since u have the beach right there and rides and such. If your more into sight seeing and walking around theres hollywood, but everything near there is pretty costly theres great america in san jose. That amusment parks fun, bout 50-60 bucks to get in and ride everything. umm ive never been to lego land so not sure where that is or how thats like. But over all in the end if your just spending time with your SO and in good company im sure you will have fun wherever you go.
      I love you Nathan <3
      sigpic
      5/25/09 <3

Comment

Disneyland or Knotts Berry Farms, there's also a Sea World and a Legoland in California too although I'm not sure where the Legoland is but I know there is one.

Notes:
        Met: 8.17.09
        Started Dating: 8.20.09
        First Met: 10.2.10
        Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

In Southern California, there's several amusement parks: Disneyland, Knott's Betty Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Legoland, Sea World and Universal Studios Hollywood come to mind. If you want to do more sight-seeing type stuff, you could walk around Hollywood and check out the sights. I think the Santa Monica Pier has a bunch of stuff to do, but I've never been there before. You could also take a boat ride to Catalina Island. Never been there either, but I hear it's nice.

I don't know much about Northern California. I think there's a Six Flags amusement park up there somewhere. If you're in San Francisco, you could take a tour of Alcatraz Island. I went to Alcatraz with my SO last month. It was a lot of fun.

Comment

Disneyland or Six Flags

Comment

Nothern California pretty much only has a six flags as far as amusement parks are concerned.. and its not really all that great of a six flags.. I HIGHLY recommend going to Southern California however if you are looking to visit on a vacation.. and I also highly recommend Disneyland.. you can get a three day park hopper ticket for the two of you for dirt cheap (cheaper than buying two day passes for two days for the both of you) and it gets you into the california adventures next to disneyland as well... there are plenty of hotels right outside Disneyland that offer great rates, as well.. if you need any help with it, let me know

Comment

Disney! Definitely Disney!

First Met Online: May 08
                Became a Couple: 4.11.09
                First Visit: 7.27.11 - 8.11.11
                Second Visit: 9.15.12 - 9.23.12
                Third Visit: 7.6.13 - 7.14.13

Comment

Ah! My boyfriend lives in the town that Legoland is in and he's never taken me when I've gone to visit! SeaWorld is also close to that area and we've visited it lately, still very fun. I would aim for the San Diego area, especially if your boyfriend doesn't want the trip planned with a full schedule. You could take some time to walk around the city itself and spend another day (or two or three) at the beach. There's so much to do in that area but there's a lot of really chill stuff to do, too. I recommend a drive up and down the 101, the coastal highway.

Comment

Okay, now i've started reconsidering a few things.. I've been thinking that maybe it would be better to celebrate on his birthday, and if i wanted to go to california i'd have to do it a week or two before his birthday because then he starts college.

Would it be a good idea instead to book a suite in a hotel in his town (it would be the imperial suite, so he better like it, lol) for the night of his birthday, and have him go golfing and bowling at the hotel, and maybe book a couple massage?

I really don't want to screw this up, it's the first birthday we get to spend together, and i want to treat him in the best way possible, and i really don't know what people do for their boyfriend's birthdays :/

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

The plan you've come up with sounds absolutely lovely! Another thought would be to find someplace close to the beach to spend the night.

I know everyone is saying Disney, but as an ex-Disney employee, I can tell you that during the summer it is not a magical place. It's hot, super busy, (next weekend through the first week in September is considered peak season) and everyone is generally in a not so great mood because of the lines and heat. Really, any theme park is going to be insane but I would say if you wanted to do a theme park, SeaWorld would be your best bet. But like I said, your plan sounds awesome!

Comment

Working...
                      X